31 July 2019.
Grants from the University of Fribourg Research placement, doctorate level.
Scholarships granted by the Rectorate to foreign researchers (with residence outside of Switzerland) who would like to undertake a research stay on doctoral level.
The University of Fribourg is a place where learning, research, employment and events all happen at the same time. Its innovative force makes it an important mover in the commercial and cultural life of the region. Since it attracts students and researchers from every part of Switzerland and from all over the world it has shaped life in the bilingual city of Fribourg since it was founded in 1889. Its wide range of course offerings, together with its comfortable size, make the University of Fribourg a place where interdisciplinary and personal contact is the order of the day.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Economics and Social Sciences:
- Communication and Media research.
- Non-Profit Management.
- Technology Management.
Art & Humanities:
- Historical Science.
- Languages and Literature.
- Social Science.
- Special Education.
- Commercial Law.
- Criminal law.
- Private and Public Law.
- Swiss Law.
- European Law.
- International Law.
Science & Medicine:
- Material Sciences.
- Oecumenical and Liturgical Studies.
- Church History, Ethics, Morals and Philosophy.
- Religionsand Religious Languages.
For more information about the research areas check the link.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
5 months. No extension possible.
- Minimum inscription of two semesters at a foreign university recognized by the University of Fribourg at doctoral level (not being
registered at the University of Fribourg)
- Foreign residence.
- Being younger than 35 upon arrival at the University of Fribourg.
- Being engaged in a research project at the University of Fribourg.
- Having submitted a complete file.
- Reasoning for the necessity of a scholarship for the implementation of the research project.
- Consent of a professor of the University of Fribourg to accompany the scholar during his/her stay.
- The goals of the scholar’s stay have been defined and approved by the professor.
- CHF 1’900 / month.
First Step: Apply online here, After registration choose Post-Master level and complete the application.
Second Step: Send the application files in two formats
- Original by mail: ([email protected]).
- Copy by email/Zip format.
University of Fribourg, International Relations Office, Avenue de l’
Europe 20, 1700 Fribourg – Switzerland
- Complete application-form with digital ID picture (JPEG Format).
- Curriculum vitae/Resume.
- Description of the research-project at the University of Fribourg.
- Description of the necessity of a scholarship for the implementation of the research-project.
- Confirmation letter by the professor of the University of Fribourg that accepts to accompany the scholar during the stay.
- Confirmation letter by the professor that accompanies the doctorate from the foreign University.
- Confirmation of the university that the scholar has been inscribed for a doctorate for at least two semesters.
- Bachelor’s Diploma or primary equivalent university diploma from a university recognized by the University of Fribourg.
- Master’s Diploma or equivalent college-diploma from a foreign university recognized by the University of Fribourg.
- Grade report of the Bachelor and Master studies (transcript).
- Confirmation of residence.
- Copy of passport.
Note: The diplomas and official confirmations in the application-file have to be included as accredited copies of the originals or have to be translated, Languages accepted for the documents or translations are German, English, French and Italian. If the documents included are in a different language, only translations by an officially recognized translator are accepted and have to be accredited.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Eman Fadel Ali / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team