1 December 2018
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
The Donald A. Wehrung International Studen Award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
You’ll join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders and study among the best and the brightest. You and your fellow Scholars will enrich UBC and the global community with your diverse perspectives, committed involvement, and innovative initiatives.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Three Years or to degree completion
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be graduating or have recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard) and leadership potential.
- You must come from a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged region of the world.
- You must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and have no financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in your own country (because it is unavailable or unattainable) or outside your country (because it is unaffordable).
- The value of the Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
- The Award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 1 December 2018. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2019.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mahmoud Ezzat/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Dina Nady/ Egypt “
“ Rakia Chebbah/ Tunisia “
MARJ3 Scholarships team