Drug Research Doctoral Programme (DRDP)
Doctoral candidates of Drug Research Doctoral Programme (DRDP) will perform their doctoral studies in research groups with high scientific standards. Each doctoral candidate focuses on a specific topic relevant for drug development, but the doctoral research training is comprehensive and covers a wide range of different fields in drug research. The training provides a general view of the drug development process, starting from molecular and mechanistic levels and continuing to preclinical and clinical drug research, pharmaceutical development and pharmacoepidemiology. Training will be largely produced within a national network, ensuring that all fields of drug development and drug research, even those not so strong in Turku, will be well covered. Knowledge of the pharmaceutical sciences is strong at the Universities of Helsinki and Eastern Finland, and plays an important role in the national collaboration of doctoral training in drug research.
There is a high scientific and societal demand for the drug research doctoral programme. Professionals with a good doctoral education are needed in academia, in the health care sector and in industrial and government tasks, in Finland and abroad. DRDP serves as a postgraduate programme for graduates of the Master’s Degree Programme in Drug Discovery and Development at the University of Turku but it is open to applicants from anywhere in the world, who have a suitable M.Sc. level education and an interest in drug research.
The programme currently hosts supervisors and graduate students from the Faculties of Medicine and Science and Engineering of the University of Turku, as well as from the PET Centre and Turku Centre for Biotechnology. Also students and supervisors from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry participate in the programme. It is part of a strong national FinPharmaNet network of drug research programmes in Finland. This network has been established to continue the successful collaboration established by the FinPharma Doctoral Programme (FPDP).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Drug development process
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- All PhD candidates who have the right to pursue a doctoral degree at the University of Turku and who have not earlier had a full-time funded PhD candidate position for a total of 4 years.
- Persons, who have not yet been awarded the right to study for PhD degree at the University of Turku, but match the profile of the PhD program and meet the eligibility criteria for the right to study for doctoral degree.
- As the right to pursue a doctoral degree is a precondition for accepting a PhD candidate position funded by the University, the person must apply for both a right to study for doctoral degree and a doctoral candidate position in this call for applications.
- Applicant is required to demonstrate the ability and motivation to undertake doctoral studies and the capacity to complete a doctoral degree in accordance with the research plan.
- 1985,85-2475,31 euros/month
The application should contain:
1) electronic application form (link will be open from September 3rd, 2018 to September 21st, 2018)
2) Pdf files
The application should include the following:
- Motivation letter
- Resume of the applicant
- Research plan agreed by the supervisor (not more than 5 pages)
- Theoretical study plan
- Funding plan for the doctoral studies
- Signed declaration about other funding for the applicant from supervisor
- Supervision plan–the Faculty’s form
- University degree certificate (if applicant has attained the higher university degree somewhere else than in the University of Turku and in addition, a transcript of studies if the degree has been completed outside Finland).
- An application for approval of a third supervisor containing an explanation, when proposing 3 supervisor
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Muhammad Adel/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team