August 31, 2018.
IBM Master the Mainframe
The contest is sponsored by the IBM Z Academic Initiative, which has provided mainframe training and resources to students at more than 1,000 schools in 70 countries. By participating in the contest you learn, prepare for a career – and you may win prizes.
Besides the awesome prizes, you can get unprecedented exposure to a variety of systems, software, and products. You can earn an Enterprise Computing Open Badge for your resume and social presences to impress potential employers. Yup, that’s right. This competition can even land you a job.
There are 3 parts to your journey:
Part 1: Learn the basics
Meet the mainframe and complete step-by-step instructions to become familiar with the user interface, basic concepts, and data structures.
Part 2: Practice
Students will program (advanced commands, system setup, and system navigation), develop (C, JAVA, COBOL, assembler, and REXX) and experience operating systems challenges on IBM Z.
Part 3: Try challenges
Dive deeper using real-life scenarios encountered by experienced systems programmers. Challenges will put contestants to the test and identify those with the most drive and determination to master the mainframe.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Computer Science
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Anyone who is currently a student at the high school or university level can compete.
- No experience is necessary.
- The contest teaches the skills you’ll need and the competition difficulty increases as you progress through the contest phases.
Part 1 Prizes: Snag your Swag:
- $25 USD Amazon/Alibaba Gift Card for 750 contestants, taken from the first 3000 accepted challenges (a 1 in 4 chance) that are 100% correct.
Part 2 Prizes: Indulge Yourself:
- $100 USD Mastercard/Visa Gift Cards for the first 200 challenges that are 100% correct.
Part 3 Prizes: Show Off Your Talent:
- The top 2 individuals from EACH region (N. America, Latin America, S. Asia, APAC, MEA, and Europe) will win a $2,750 travel stipend to visit the head office of IBM in their region and meet with key executives and recruiters on their project.
- Each winning individual will receive a “Master the Mainframe Global Winner” Hoodie.
- The top three individuals globally will receive an HTC Vive worth $799 USD.
First Step: Apply online.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Marwan Mansi/ Egypt”
” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team