15 August 2019.
Yher accelerator Program for Female Entrepreneurs in 2019
Yher accelerator in Africa offers partially funded program for African women entrepreneurs, We’re searching for the most ambitious, game changing, female-led impact ventures in Africa.
More women are pursuing entrepreneurship in Africa per capita than anywhere else in the world. With the success of 2017 Accelerator program, The program will be running yher again in 2019, bringing together another impressive group of African female founders. Women running high-impact ventures aimed at improving the lives of people living in poverty across the continent will be eligible to apply for our accelerator program and receive all the support and benefits that accompany it.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, COMOROS, MAURITANIA.
From 2 to 8 August
- Female-Led Ventures: You must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program.
- Local: You intimately understand the problem that you are trying to solve.
- Social Impact: Your venture must exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty.
- Support Women and Girls: While not required, we preference ventures that have a clear mandate or mission to uplift females in some way.
- In the Early Stages: You will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 100 customers or clients and have been in operation less than 2 years.
- ACCELERATOR: A week-long intensive entrepreneurship program designed to fast track your early stage venture. We’ll provide training and mentorship while also connecting you to an inspiring group of fellow female entrepreneurs working hard to create a better world.
- MENTORSHIP: Connection to a network of mentors from across the world throughout the Accelerator week, providing you with a wealth of entrepreneurship experience to help you build a bulletproof strategy for impact and growth.
- HIGH-TEA: An opportunity for you to network with potential funders, mentors and supporters and to pitch your venture as the week comes to a close at an exclusive, invite-only high-tea event.
- FUNDING: A total of $25,000 in prize funding is available for the winners of our peer review and audience votes.
- Growth Support: potential to qualify for Growth support, including ongoing tailored support and grant or investment funding of $10,000 to $50,000 AUD to help scale your venture.
- Community: Ongoing connection with our virtual community to help you along your entrepreneurial journey. Keep each other inspired and accountable with monthly check-ins, mastermind sessions and knowledge sharing.
If you are unable to travel to attend the program, We do have some travel scholarship available.
First Step: Complete the online application from here.
Second Step: The form includes many details about your startup and how it support women and your personal details.
When you submit your application below, you should receive a confirmation message on your screen that your application has been submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation message on your screen, you must assume that we have not received it. Applications that have not been completed in full will not be considered. Please ensure you have completed all required sections.
You will be notified of the status of your application by the 2nd of September 2019.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Khaled Sayed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hagar Mohamed Khalil/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team