13 January, 2019
The United Kingdom, Malta, Sweden (optional), Netherlands, and Portugal
Tourism Development & Culture (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master) scholarship
Prestigious Erasmus Mundus scholarships are available for well qualified applicants to the International Master in Tourism Development & Culture (TourDC).
The University of Glasgow is the leading partner in the consortium of universities that have developed this joint Masters programme. Other degree awarding partners include University of Malta, Lund University (Sweden) and University Institute Lisbon.
Applicants must hold an offer of a place for the programme (unconditional or conditional) for September 2019 entry.
As a graduate you will be well equipped to find work in the tourism, cultural and heritage industries, both in the public and private sector. Potential employers include national and local government, agencies such as tourism departments, museums and heritage attractions, the travel and hotel industries, business consultancies and media organisations.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- University of Glasgow
- Heritage interpretation and development
- Tourism and regional development
University of Malta
- Cities of culture
- Cultural tourism and the European dimension
- Marketing and management of culture
- Research methods in cultural tourism
- Traditions and the tourism product
- Sustainability in service organisations
- Value creation and innovation in tourism
University Institute of Lisbon
- Large event and event management
- Tourism and urban worlds
Optional courses may include
University of Glasgow
- Environment, technology and society
- Environmental communication
- Reading the environment
University of Malta
- Cultural legislation and policy
- Religious heritage and niche tourism
University Institute of Lisbon
- Business analytics in tourism
- Hospitality business design and operations
- Shopping tourism and luxury retail management
- Wine tourism and wine business
- Leisure, tourism and environment: Experiences and environments
- Leisure, tourism and globalisation
- Research methodologies in leisure, tourism, and environment
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The programme is structured around a series of mobility periods across two years where you study at a combination of three partner universities for one semester, taking a mix of core and optional courses.
Semester 1 (Sep – Dec) University of Glasgow (Dumfries Campus): Social science analysis of tourism
Semester 2 (Feb – June) University of Malta: Cultural tourism and heritage (Optional placement available)
Summer (July) – Wageningen University (optional)
Semester 3 (Sep – Jun) study track choice
- Lund University: Innovation and sustainability in the tourism industry
- University Institute of Lisbon: Tourism management including urban, events, retail and hospitality (Optional placement available)
Semester 4 (Feb – Jul) (Dumfries, Malta, Lund or Lisbon): Independent study, dissertation
- Applicants must hold an offer of a place for the programme (unconditional or conditional) for September 2019 entry.
- EMJMD student scholarships can be offered to students from any region of the world – however no more than three from the same country or with the same nationality will be awarded in the same intake. The scholarship’s terms depend on your country of origin/residence.
- EMJMD student scholarships cover the entire duration of the Master course and are awarded exclusively for full-time enrollment in the course. Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place.
- Students who are former Action 1 Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible for an additional EMJMD scholarship. Successful applicants cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing the EMJMD scholarship studies
- EMJMD scholarship holders must spend at least two complete mobility periods in at least two of the consortium’s full HEI partners which are located in different Programme Countries. Each of these mandatory mobility periods must include a volume of study/research or equivalent corresponding to at least 30 ECTS.
- The mandatory mobility periods cannot be replaced by virtual mobility neither can they take place in institutions outside the consortium.
- Additional study/research/thesis preparation/placement periods can take place in other participating organisations in the consortium (partner and associated partner) under the condition that the activities concerned are implemented under the direct supervision of the consortium partner.
- Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders from a Partner country for periods exceeding three months of the EMJMD spent in any Partner country.
- Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders for periods of the EMJMD spent in their country of residence.
The EMJMD student scholarship includes:
- A contribution to your participation costs (including tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to your participation in the EMJMD study programme
- A contribution to your travel and installation costs
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme
Fees for the 2019-2021 edition:
- Home/EU: £5,975 or 6,300€ per annum (2 year programme)
- International: £12,650 or 14,000€ per annum (2 year programme)
First Step: Before applying, you should consult the consortium website for further information on the application process, scholarships and accompanying forms.
Second Step: After you read all the information on consortium website click on “apply now”.
Third Step: click on create a new account and fill all the fields.
Fourth Step: choose your country and click on “create a new application”.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nahed Mohamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team