December 16, 2019
Estonia, Portugal, United Kingdom
This two year MA programme is a brand-new highly intensive fiction film marking Masters Degree supported by ERASMUS+. The MA is split between three different film schools in three different European states: LUSÓFONA University in Lisbon, Portugal,Screen academy scotland in Edinburgh/ napier university, UK, and the Baltic Film and Media school in Tallinn, Estonia.
The teaching in each campus reflects the strengths of the staff and educational history of each school, so providing each specialist student with a choice of the best possible options for learning. Each school has a substantial track record teaching masters film-making courses.
Also unique is the programme’s focus on the feature film as the object of study and aspiration, rather than the short film, as in most other courses.
Students will be recruited in the following areas: Directing, screenwriting, producing, cinematography, editing and sound. Around half the teaching will be geared to each specialism, while the rest will consist of transferable skills in film making, creative practice, entrepreneurship and critical thinking – skills that are essential for all film students.
Students will form collaborative teams and work towards a funded graduation project. These final thesis films will be expected to perform at first-tier international film festivals.
Teaching on the programme will be supplemented by a comprehensive course of professional practice preparation, involving industry professionals from all over Europe, including production and craft specialists, distributors, festival programmers, financiers, lawyers and casting directors.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Film Production
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
KEM is open to European and non-European students with a BA degree related with film production.
Diplomas in different study areas are accepted for applicants with relevant professional experience in film. In order to guarantee high-quality training, KEM will only enroll a maximum of 4 or 5 students per specialization.
- Candidates are eligible for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, awarded on the basis of excellence.
- The number of the scholarships available for the 5th edition is seventeen (17) for a class of 24 students.
- Candidates eligible for scholarships are students who have obtained a primary higher-education degree or can demonstrate a recognised equivalent according to national legislation and practices of the degree awarding country.
- Students who have already obtained an EMJMD scholarship or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course / Joint Doctorate scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action.
- Erasmus+ scholarship holders cannot benefit from another EU funded scholarship scheme to follow the same EMJMD course. This holds for the entire period of the course.
- Students with a double nationality (of a Partner and of a Programme Country) must specify the nationality under which they submit their scholarship application.
Scholarships for PARTNER COUNTRIES:
- Up to € 9000 per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country
Contribution to the travel costs:
- € 2000 per year per scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country whose location is less than 4000 km away from the HEI coordinating the JMD (Lisbon, Portugal)
- € 3000 per year per scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country whose location is 4000 km or more away from the HEI coordinating the JMD (Lisbon, Portugal)
Scholarships for Programme Countries:
- Tuition fees: Up to € 4500 per year per scholarship holder from a Programme Country
- Contribution to the travel costs: € 1000 per year per scholarship holder resident of a Programme Country
*Note: Any amount in excess of these maximum contributions must be covered by the participating organisations and cannot be charged to the scholarship holder
The contribution to the travel costs takes into account the residence of the scholarship holder. The place of residence should be verified on the basis of the provision of:
- A residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules; OR
- A certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
- Both documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline of applying for the DocNomads EMJMD
Contribution to installation costs:
- € 1000 per scholarship holder resident of a Partner Country
- A contribution to installation costs is offered only to students residing in a Partner Country.
Contribution to subsistence costs:
- € 1000 per month for the entire duration of the JMD study programme (24 months maximum)
How to Apply
How to Apply
First Step: The following requirements must be fulfilled by all applicants:
- Application Form (online and complying with the imposed deadlines, no applications sent by regular mail will be accepted).
- Copy of passport/identification card (This should be an official identification document including a photograph and personal data like first name, surname and date and place of birth. This data should be described in English language -like in passports. We recommend that the expiration date covers the duration of the entire master).
- Recent head-shot photograph.
- Final university diploma from previous degree(s) – BA or Master, If in other language than in English, additional officially certified translation into English is obligatory, and it should also contain the University stamp.
- Curriculum vitae (must provide professional qualification(s), experience, pieces of work(s), job(s), task(s), professional skills in film-making).
- Two or three Letters of Recommendation. These do not have to follow a template. The only requirement is that the contact details of the person providing the reference must be clearly typed and if possible should contain a business email address and a telephone number.
- Letter of motivation that expresses interest in studying at KEM (max 1000 characters).
- Expectations concerning knowledge to acquire (max 1000 characters).
- Portfolio/ show reel of previous films (This portfolio must reflect your area of specialization chosen for the Master course. You should show the film credits and if possible, with English subtitles. Only unlisted link in YouTube or similar.)
- If you are applying for screenwriting, please upload the treatments of your most significant work. If filmed, please include it on your portfolio/show-reel.
- Proof of proficiency in the English language – IELTS 6.0.
- A residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality normal registration rules or, a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
Second Step: Upload all required documents and summit your application form.
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rahaf Elkhodary / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team