31 October 2018
United States of America (USA)
EXPLORATORY RESEARCH GRANTS IN HAGLEY MUSEUM AND LIBRARY
Hagley Library is a proud member of the prestigious Independent Research Libraries Association (IRLA). Hagley’s library furthers the study of business and technology in America.
The Library’s Center for the History of Business, Technology, and Society organizes and administers the Hagley Museum and Library’s interaction with the world of scholarship. It brings attention to Hagley’s research collections and generates intellectual dialogue at Hagley.
- Priority will be given to junior scholars with innovative projects that seek to expand on existing scholarship.
- Proposals must demonstrate which Hagley collections might be pertinent to the project.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Exploratory Research in:
– Business, culture and society
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- These grants are for scholars who believe that their project will benefit from Hagley research collections, but need the opportunity to explore them on-site to determine if a Henry Belin du Pont research grant application is warranted.
- Applicants should reside more than 50 miles from Hagley.
- The stipend is $400.
- Low-cost accommodations on Hagley’s grounds are available on first-come, first serve basis.
- Researchers who use this housing are strongly encouraged to have a car available for transportation during their residency.
All application materials must be submitted in the order below in one PDF file and sent as an email attachment to Carol Lockman, [email protected].
Please include the following materials:
- Project abstract (maximum length: 150 words).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Project description indicating the scope of your research and the existing scholarship with which you engage (maximum length: 1000 words).
- Summary of the Hagley research materials that you plan to consult during your residency and how you believe that they may be pertinent to your project (maximum length: 500 words).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rofida Atif/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Raghda M. Nagy/ Egypt and Fatma Samy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team