4, October 2019.
The United States
Facebook Fellowship Program
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university.
The program is open to students in any year of their PhD study and supports talented students from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record and recommendation letters.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Graphics
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Privacy and Data Use
- Social and Economic Policy
- Structured Data Stores
- Systems for Machine Learning
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants must be full-time PhD students currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country.
- Students’ work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas above).
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded.
- The fellowship is open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries.
- If you only have 1 year left of school, you may still apply. You will just receive the tuition and stipend while you are in school.
- Tuition and fees paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters).
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year).
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit.
First Step: Applications Must Include:
- 250-Word research summary.
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted.
- Two letters of recommendation. Please provide reference email addresses. One reference must be from an academic advisor.
Second Step: Complete the application then submit it.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Bahi-ELdin Yasser/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hanine Aymen/Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team