October 12, 2018, at 12:00 am PST.
The Facebook Fellowship application will open September 4th, 2018 at 12:00 am PST
An accredited university in any country.
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award are open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering or a related area. Winners of the fellowship are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, an annual stipend, and conference travel support. Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
While open to students in any year of PhD study, a heavy emphasis on research and publication record for Facebook Fellowships favor students who are further along in their course of study. Applicants who are earlier in their career and fit the criteria of a minority group that is traditionally under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Students who are in their first or second year of study and are members of a minority group* that is underrepresented in the technology sector, may elect to be evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Applications will be accepted from students with research related to one of the following areas:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
Research outside the above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
For more information on our topical areas of interest please visit the website here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas above)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or second year PhD students who fit the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
Applications will be evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Read the Terms and Conditions for the Facebook Fellowship program
Winners of the Fellowship are entitled to receive:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
First Step: The 2019 application will open September 4, 2018 at 12:00 am PST. Keep up to date with the application page from HERE
Second Step: All applicants will need to use their Facebook account to apply.
Third Step: Applications Must Include
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor
Fourth step: When you fill out the application, you will be asked to input an email address for your references. Your references will receive an email with a link to submit their letter. Please ensure that the contact information you enter for your references is accurate.
*The application will allow you to save or submit after entering information. You may go back and edit your application up to the due date.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Badr/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basant Hatem / Egypt “
And ” Salma Merhabi/ Lebanon ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team