1 November 2018
Paid Opportunity (With Salary)
Yale Institute of Sacred Music Long-term Fellowships, Fellows 2019, USA
The Institute welcomes applications from a cluster of qualified individuals who wish to work on a common project. Each person must complete a separate application and note that the application is part of a cluster. The same guidelines apply in every other way.
Fellows commit themselves to meet weekly in the ISM Colloquium, then with their cohort at weekly Fellows lunches, and they are asked to share their work in at least one public presentation per semester. One presentation during the year will be a public lecture, while the other may be work-in-progress shared in the smaller, less formal gathering of fellows.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Art exhibition
- Musical composition
- Creative writing
- Art history
- Film studies
- Languages and literature
- Iiturgical studies
- Religion and literature
- Religious studies
- Ritual studies
- Theatre studies
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Candidates are eligible to apply as fellows if they are employed as regular full-time faculty or if they have more than six years of related experience following the doctorate. These fellowships are typically one-year long, though shorter residencies (e.g. one term) are possible in special circumstances. Teaching is an option for fellows, though the ISM encourages fellows to offer one course.
- The quality, significance, and focus of the work fellows propose to do during the residency are of paramount importance in the selection process. Each fellow will undertake a substantive and original project that relates to the mission of the Institute.
- An applicant should typically hold the terminal degree in her or his field, although exceptions to this rule may be made in some artistic disciplines.The work applicants propose to pursue must support the mission of the Institute, and fellows are expected to work primarily on this project during their year in residence.
Paid Opportunity (With Salary)
- Stipends for fellowships are typically half of the fellow’s regular annual salary up to $52,000 per year.
- The ISM provides housing at a discounted rate.
- Register a new online account from here
- You will asked to put PIN has been sent to your email address. Then log in.
Second Step: Applicants must submit the following information :
- Personal data (including education and professional work).
- Curriculum-vitae, not to exceed 10 pages in length.
- A statement of not more than 1400 words describing the proposed scholarly or creative project intended for the year. The body of the proposal should describe the project, explain the significance of the topic, and place the work within the context of relevant disciplines. This project must relate to the mission of the Institute. The proposal should describe in detail the relationship to the mission, and explain how a year’s residence at the Institute would enhance this work. A brief bibliography should be included when appropriate.
- A 150-word abstract of the proposal.
- A sample of scholarly or artistic work. Scholars should submit no more than 30 pages of published writings. Religious leaders and artists should submit a roughly equivalent example of their creative work (for example, sermons, liturgies, artwork, plays, compositions, etc.).
- Fellow applicants who wish to teach, as well as all Postdoctoral Associate applicants (who are expected to teach), should include a brief description of one to three courses and the departments or schools in which these courses might be taught as well as a course title, weekly lecture topics, and short reading list. Additional information may be required of fellows after they have been invited to come.
- Three letters of reference from qualified leaders in the applicant’s field. Letters should include an evaluation of the applicant’s research proposal and his or her capacity to fulfill it. The online application requires a list of the names, positions, and contact information of recommenders who will be asked to submit their letters online. If a recommender has no access to email, the applicant should notify us at [email protected]
Third Step: Create a new application and fill out some information required and then submit it.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Mamdooh/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Menna Faramawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team