15 October 2018.
eikones – Center for the Theory and History of the Image at the University of Basel.
The center invites applications from outstanding junior and senior researchers in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences for three one-year NOMIS Fellowships beginning September 1, 2019.
Since 2005, eikones has served as a center for graduate and postgraduate research on images. The center is dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of images as instruments of human knowledge and cultural practices. It investigates the functions and effects of images throughout history and in our contemporary society from analytical and empirical perspectives.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social Sciences.
- Natural Sciences.
English and German.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants must possess a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must have previously have published either a monograph (e.g. their dissertation)OR three articles in journals or collected volumes.
- Applicants from all academic fields whose research relates to images as models are invited to apply.
- Applications may be submitted in either German or English.
- Applications will be selected based on scholarly achievement and relevance to the topic of images as models.
- Preference will be given to excellent young scholars with innovative approaches.
- They provide a generous salary, travel funds, and access to excellent academic infrastructure.
First Step: First prepare the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Contact details for two references
- Proof of doctorate degree
- Project description (2–3 pages), plus bibliography
- Published writing sample (20 pages)
Second Step: submit application materials as A SINGLE PDF FILE by October 15, 2018 and send it to “[email protected]”.
Applications that do not conform to this format or received after this date will not receive consideration.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Mmadooh/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Menna Faramawy/ Egypt &
Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team