31 August 2018
Vital Voices GROW Fellowship 2019
The VV GROW Fellowship is a highly competitive one-year accelerator program for women owners of small and medium businesses. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact.
The one-year program includes:
- Global Virtual Learning: Over 4 months, fellows complete a series of weekly webinars, assignments, online courses, assessments, and one-on-one calls with peers, Vital Voices staff, and trainers. Fellows begin to build their knowledge about marketing, networking, business planning, financial management and leadership, the core topics of the program. Fellows assess the current state of their business and leadership in order to determine where they are; analyze their business and the external environment to identify opportunities for growth; and define specific business growth goals to identify where they want to go.
- Regional In-Person Training: Each year, fellows from each region gather in one country in their region to participate in a four-day, in-person training workshop that will guide them in creating an action plan outlining how they will accomplish their business growth goals. Fellows also get the opportunity to meet, network with, and learn from other fellows from their region, Vital Voices staff and trainers.
- Growth Services and Support: Following the in-person training, fellows implement and revise their action plans, while evaluating their progress toward their business growth goals. Throughout the last 6 months of the fellowship, Vital Voices staff connects fellows to individualized growth services and support based on the goals and action items in their action plan.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- 4-7 hours per week (January – May 2019) for webinars, homework assignments and phone calls
- Attend the entire 4-day in person training workshop in June 2019
- 2-3 hours per week (June – December 2019) for webinars, homework assignments and phone calls
- Submit surveys and participate in phone calls with Vital Voices to track your business growth during the fellowship and for up to three years afterwards
Women business owners who:
- Own a business that…
- Has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Employs at least 3 full time staff
- Generates at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
- Reside in the same country as your business for at least 7 months out of the year
- Are proficient in spoken and written English
Fellows will be expected to contribute a participation fee of $1,500, which is approximately 5% of the overall program cost per participant.
You will receive:
- Strengthened knowledge, skills, and confidence in 5 core areas: business planning, leadership, financial management, networking, and marketing
- Access to highly qualified staff and business consultants
- Access to 12 online business management and leadership courses through Harvard Business School Publishing’s online platform, Harvard Manage Mentor (HMM) for one year
- Interactive webinars led by expert trainers from across the globe
- A 4-day in-person, regional training workshop
- Joining a network of women business leaders from across the globe
- Referral(s) to business support services tailored to your needs
- A certificate of program completion
- Entry into the Vital Voices Global Leadership Network upon graduation
Apply Steps: Fill the online application and submitted it by clicking “Apply Now”.
This application should take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete; however, you will be able to save your answers and return to the application at any time. To do this just click the “Save and continue survey later” message that appears at the top of the application and provide your email address. You will then receive an email with a personal link which you should use to return to your application.
- The application must be completed in English.
- The application must be completed by the person applying for the fellowship.
- Applicants selected for the next round, will be contacted for a 1-hour Skype interview.
- All applicants will be notified about final decisions by December 14, 2018.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nashwa Attallah /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Sherif Hassan / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team