August 22, 2019.
Fulbright Egyptian Scholar Program – Post-Doctoral Research Grants.
Provides opportunities for Egyptian post-doctoral faculty members in all fields to conduct research at American institutions.
The flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government, widely known as the Fulbright Program, is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and those of other countries. With this goal as a starting point, the Fulbright Program has provided more than 300,000 participants—chosen for their leadership potential—with the opportunity to observe each other’s political, economic and cultural institutions, exchange ideas and embark on joint ventures of importance to the general welfare of the world’s inhabitants.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- ALL fields are eligible.
Note: Scholars applying in the fields of medicine, veterinary medicine, and dentistry should be aware that their research cannot include clinical studies or direct patient contact.
Three to nine months.
- Egyptian citizenship; holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must reside in Egypt starting from the application process and throughout the selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Academic faculty member of an Egyptian university or research institute/center.
- Ph.D. is required.
- Excellent command of English.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the assessment and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- Professional and excess baggage allowances
- Dependents Allowance
- Health benefits coverage
Note: International travel is not covered by the grant and is normally provided by the grantee’s home institution.
First Step: Complete the online application from here.
Second Step: Provide the following documents:
- Project Statement ( including the following items: Background, Objectives, Significance, Methodology, Evaluation and Dissemination, Justification for US Residency Requirement, Duration)
- CV including a list of publications.
- J-1or J-2 Visa (DS – 2019): If you have previously entered the United States on a J-1 or J-2
visa, please provide copies of your previous DS-2019(s).
- Passport copy, if available.
- Ph.D. degree certificate.
- Three reference letters
For more information about the required documents check the link here.
For any inquires about the application steps check the link here.
Third Step: Submit the application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hesham Galal / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mustafa Abdelshafy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team