20 April, 2019
Fulbright Foreign Student Program – Algeria
The Fulbright Program enables Algerian students to pursue graduate-level study in the United States of America. Participants also have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and share Algeria’s unique culture and traditions with Americans.
Participants are chosen through a merit-based, open competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence and ability to adjust to life in the U.S. are all considered.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- All majors Except medicine.
From 1 year to 2 years.
- Must be an Algerian citizen; individuals of other nationalities cannot apply in Algeria.
- U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
- Must reside in country throughout the application, selection and placement process.
- (Optional): Must have two years of professional work experience.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Must have a strong academic background.
- Must be proficient in English (with a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 92 or an IELTS 6.5)
score of 6.5 overall (no single band under 6).
- Preference is given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or
living in the United States.
- Tuition and required fees for graduate study in the U.S.
- Book and equipment allowances.
- Monthly Stipend for room & board.
- Supplemental health and accident coverage plan
- Opportunities to participate in Fulbright Enrichment Programs.
Applications and materials must be submitted through the Embark online system.
– Applicants will be required to submit along with the online application:
- Translated academic transcripts: by a sworn translation office along with copies of the
- TOEFL or IELTS scores: no more than two years old.
- GRE General Score.
- The GMAT score is required for applicants applying for MBA programs.
- An up-to-date CV: detailing all prior education and work experience.
- Three letters of reference AS FOLLOWS:
- If letters of reference are in French or Arabic, an official translated version in English is needed.
- Reference letter forms are posted on Embassy web site.
- The reference letters need to be send in a sealed envelope to candidate and referees need to send the letter by email to [email protected]
- A personal statement: in English up to 600 words in length.
- A research proposal: in English relating to field of study (if applicable).
- Write clearly, using professional and understandable language.
- Demonstrate why you have chosen your field of study and how you are qualified.
- Proofread all materials for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
- Refrain from using sarcasm, jokes or inappropriate humor.
- Cite any outside sources used in your essays, as plagiarism will result in disqualification.
Note: For more information or questions, contact the U.S. Embassy Algiers, Public Affairs
Section at [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amari Assam/Algeria “
Reviewed by” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team