25 December, 2018 (for enrollment in the spring semester).
30 April, 2019 (for enrollment in the autumn semester).
The Graduate School of CAAS Scholarship (GSCAASS)- Chinese Academy for Agriculture Sciences.
GSCAASS has been established by GSCAAS to sponsor international students and scholars with outstanding academic performance to pursue higher education at CAAS. Those who have received scholarships from the Chinese government or Beijing government are not eligible for the scholarship.
The Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) is a national organization for scientific research, technology transfer, and education in agriculture. It is always striving to provide solutions to a broad range of challenges in sustaining agricultural development through innovative research and technology transfer. For detailed information about CAAS, please visit the CAAS website
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Agricultural Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Food Science and Engineering
- Crop Science
- Horticulture Science
- Agricultural Resource and Environment Science
- Plant Protection
- Animal Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Science of Forest
- Grassland Science
- Management Science and Engineering
- Economics and Management of Agriculture and Forestry
-Information Technology and Digital Agriculture
English or bilingual (Chinese-English).
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
(1) Non-Chinese citizens.
(2) Healthy and willing to abide by the Chinese laws and decrees.
(3) Conform to the education and age requirements as follows.
(a). Master’s programs: holds a Bachelor’s degree and is under the age of 35.
(b). Doctoral programs: holds a Master’s degree and is under the age of 40.
(c). Visiting Scholar: has at least two years’ of undergraduate studies and is under the age of 35.
(d). Senior Visiting Scholar: holds a Master’s or higher degree, or has an academic title of associate professor or higher and is under the age of 40.
(4) English and/or Chinese proficiency.
-The GSCAASS covers the following:
(a). A fee waiver for tuition and basic textbooks. Costs of experiments or internships beyond the program curriculum are at student’s own expense. Costs of books or learning materials other than required basic textbooks must also be covered by the student.
(b). Free on-campus dormitory accommodation (supported by GSCAAS supervisor).
(c). Research Assistantship (per month, supported by GSCAAS supervisor):
- Master’s students & Visiting scholars: 3,000 RMB;
- Doctoral students & Senior scholars: 3,500 RMB.
(d). Fee to cover Comprehensive Medical Insurance provided by GSCAAS.
For the Part II of the Form, please leave it blank, this part is to be filled in by the applicant’s supervisor and host institution when scholarship officially refer your case to the institute. Please choose the major and host supervisor cautiously based on the attached Supervisor List and submit your application after a thorough discussion with the expected supervisor. Supervisors List-2019 Spring and Autumn Semester-2018-11-21 is newly updated and may continue to update.
-You’ll need to prepare the following document for the scholarship application:
- Photocopy of passport (with at least 2 years’ validity) – the personal information page.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy).
- Academic transcripts of the most advanced studies (notarized photocopy).
- Two reference letters from two Professors or experts with equal titles in related fields.
- CV and research proposal (no less than 400 words for visiting scholars, no less than 500 words for postgraduates).
- Language Proficiency Requirements: English Language Certificate; Or score reports of TOEFL, IELTS, CEFR, etc.; Or score reports of the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK).
- Photocopies of degree thesis abstract, complete thesis (in soft copy) needed if it is written in English, and abstracts of maximum 5 representative academic papers (full papers are preferred), please do not submit the photocopies of unpublished papers.
- No Objection Certificate issued by the current employer (Please indicate that the employer has no objection to you applying for the scholarship, and your study leave will be granted accordingly).
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Please take health examination in the hospitals designated by the Chinese Embassy).
- Acceptance letter (optional). Applicants with the acceptance letter from CAAS professors are preferred.
- Submit your application via system not the email.
Note: All application documents are non-returnable regardless of the applicant’s admission status.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Fathy Mohamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team