23 May 2019.
Fulbright Egyptian Student Program – ِApplied, Fine and Performing Arts
The Fulbright program provides fully funded grants for professional artists who wish to conduct field research and/or attend master classes for six to nine months in the U.S.
The Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt was established in 1949, and is the oldest and largest Fulbright program in the Arab world. It was created through a protocol between the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the U.S. State Department.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Applied Arts
- Fine Arts
- Performing Arts
Six to nine months.
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt throughout the application, selection, placement and pre-departure processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must prove participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions
- TOEFL/IELTS test scores not required.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- The scholarship covers Travel allowance, Stipend, Health benefits coverage, Research and courses fees and Other allowances.
First Step: You will need to create an account on Fulbright website from here to be able to start your online application.
Second Step: Within your online application,you will need o submit the following documents:
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Proof of participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions (Portfolio)
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
For application instructions, click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mona Awad / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Hussein / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team