15 January 2019 – 23:59 (Central European Time)
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between higher education institutions. Currently more than 50 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 4 different continents.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Agricultural Science
- Art education
- Arts and humanities
- Computer science and information technology
- Economic science
- Engineering science
- Legal science
- Medical and health science
- Medicine and health
- Natural science
- Preparatory course Hungarian language
- Religion and theology
- Social sciences
- Sports science
- Teacher training
English, German and other foreign languages
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO,SUDAN, KUWAIT, YEMEN, TURKEY
Bachelor’s programme 2-4 years
Master’s programme 1.5-2 years
One-tier master programme 5-6 years
Doctoral programmes 4 years
- Born before 31st August 2001 (except those applying for Dance study programmes).
- Do not have a citizenship different from the sending country/territory.
- Do not have a Hungarian citizenship.
- Exemption from the payment of tuition fee.
- Monthly stipend
- bachelor, master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation contribution
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period.
- Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.
- Medical insurance
Note: The scholarship does not pay the travelling allowance.
First Step:Fill out the online application form, upload all of the following documents and submit them to the online application surface by 15 January 2019(maximum).
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of Identification Document
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system (here)
- A research plan and two letters of recommendation for doctoral level
Second Step: Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the responsible authorities of the Sending Partner. So make sure to visit this page and contact your sending partner to know more details about the documents required and the deadline to submit them (as this differs from a country to another).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sara Issam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ola A.Khudhur/IRAQ ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team