January 10, 2020
Australia, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America
Erasmus Mundus – Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation (Mundus Journalism)
The Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation welcomes applications from graduate students around the world. You can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, or as a self-funded student. The Mundus Journalism Master’s offers a curriculum uniquely focused on developing an analytical and critical lens on journalism, media and globalisation. Since 2005 Mundus Journalism has been connecting people and building networks of like minded peers and colleagues across the globe!
Each year we receive around 500 applications and admit up to 90 students. They offer 22 Erasmus Mundus scholarships for the 2020-22 programme, hence, around 25% will be offered admission as scholarship students, while 75% will be offered admission as self-funded students. Only applicants being superior in all categories can expect to be offered admission as scholarship students. You can apply for admission to the Mundus Journalism programme and for a Mundus scholarship within the same application process.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant subject in order to be admitted to the Mundus Journalism programme. Students who have not yet graduated from their BA degree can still apply, but documentation of the bachelor’s degree must be forwarded to Aarhus University by August to complete the enrolment process prior to course start in September.
- Subjects within bachelor’s programmes in Arts/Humanities and Social Sciences are by default considered to be relevant.
- Applicants who have completed other programmes, but whose qualifications are deemed by the Consortium to be relevant and adequate, may also be offered admission.
- To ensure that the best candidates are admitted, the Consortium has decided to give priority to academic merit; candidates will only be admitted if they have an above-average bachelor’s degree (a minimum of an above-average class mark/GPA is expected).
- Students must therefore be able to read academic textbooks and articles, take part in classroom discussions and lectures, and undertake written work and exams in English. Hence, they require a high command of English.
- Language tests
- IELTS Academic test with a band score of 7,0 and a minimum score of 6.0 in each category**
- TOEFL internet-based test with a score of at least 100***
- Cambridge ESOL exams: Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) or Certificate in Advanced English with the grade A or at least 190 points on the Cambridge English-scale****
- Due to the nature of Mundus Journalism programme, journalistic skills are required prior to course start, hence we ask for at least 3 months’ journalistic experience.
Two-year tuition fee:
- Non-EU students: €18000
- EU students: €9000
- The scholarship also offers Erasmus+ stipends of up to €2500
- The scholarship offers Erasmus Mundus scholarships for students from Partner Countries of up to €49,000 – Category A on the application form
- The scholarship offers Erasmus Mundus scholarships for students from Programme Countries of up to €40,000 – Category B on the application form
First Step: Download the application form
Second Step: Please include the following documents:
- Academic documents
- Journalistic documents
- Language documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic and journalistic reference letters
- Documentation of your nationality/nationalities
- Special Needs / Chronic Illness / Disabilities
Third Step: When you are ready to submit your application package, please fill out the Online Registration and attach the PDF file. When you have submitted your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email.
Note: Check the step-by-step application guide
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amina Hamed / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team