- 16 October 2019-15 January 2020 (To apply for master’s program at Swedish Universities)
- 10-20 February 2020(To apply for a Swedish Institute Scholarship)
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP)
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI).
An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2019. Usually, 1-2 % of the applicants are awarded a SISGP scholarship.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
SISGP offers scholarships to a large number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester of 2020. Some of these programs include, but not limited to, the following:
- Computer Science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Studies
EGYPT, JORDAN, MOROCCO, SUDAN, TUNISIA, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
1 or 2 Years.
(Depending on the chosen master’s program and the scholarship is awarded for programs starting in the autumn semester)
- Work experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- Leadership experience: You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 3 April 2020.
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
- Dual citizenship: If you have dual citizenships and both are eligible for SI scholarship programme(s), you should choose only one of the citizenships when applying for SI scholarships. This means that you can only apply to one SI scholarship programme. Applicants who apply to more than one SI scholarship using more than one citizenship, will be disqualified.
The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by the Swedish Institute.
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000.
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
- The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
- The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
First Step: Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2019– 15 January 2020. Only master’s programmes that are on the list of master’s programmes are eligible for SISGP. Follow the instructions below.
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2019.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to SISGP.
- 3 February 2020is the deadline for receipt of application fee and supporting documents that are required by University Admissions. The application fee is non-refundable.
- If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for an SI scholarship.
- The eligibility and application procedure for SI scholarships and for university admissions are different.
Second Step: Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2020, follow the instructions below.
- After you have completed your application to a master’s program you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about required documents and forms above.
- During the application period 10-20 February 2020, submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal.
- The online application portal is open from 00:00 CET 10 February 2020 to 23:59 CET 20 February 2020. Access to the online application portal will be available on this page below during the application period.
- A motivation letter: you must use the SISGP form for motivation letter 2019/2020.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISGP template for CV and the CV should not exceed the number of pages indicated in the template. Additional pages will not be considered.
- Two different letters of reference: you must use the SISGP form for the letter of reference. At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. It will be a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organizations outside of your regular work. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: you must use the SISGP form for proof of work and leadership experience. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship, and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as the last page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include
You can watch a video with Abdo Samy (SISGP Scholar) and he is explaning everything related to the scholarship: Watch video from here
- Notifications from university admissions will be in 3 April 2020
- Announcement of 300 successful SI scholarship Recipients will be in 24 April 2020
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Manar Khattab/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Sherif Hassan / Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team