July 31st, 2020.
ONSI SAWIRIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2021-2022
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is a private merit-based scholarship program established in 2000 by Orascom Construction as part of the company’s commitment to promoting excellence and achievement. Orascom Construction launched the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000 to invest company resources in educational programs to improve the communities in which it operates.
This program is a precedent in Egypt for private sector involvement in educational programs on a sustainable basis. The aim of this is to facilitate the academic development and character building of young Egyptians giving them the tools to develop their careers hence benefiting their communities in which they live.
Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program, Orascom Construction provides scholarships for extraordinary Egyptian graduate and undergraduate students interested in studying at prestigious universities in the United States in fields that will enhance the economic prosperity of Egypt.
Since 2000, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program has financed the educational dreams of 80 extraordinary students.
The scholarships are awarded based on merit and character as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business Administration.
- Construction management.
Schedule of Events:
· July 31st, 2020: Application Deadline.
· September, 2020: Selection of semi-finalists and personal interviews at Orascom Construction.
· End of September, 2020: Notification of the selected applicants.
· October, 2020: Program orientation for awarded recipients.
· October 2020-April/May 2021: Placement process.
· During July 2021: Orascom Construction Award.
· During July 2021: Pre-departure orientation.
· During August – September 2021: Departure of awarded recipients to the United States.
Eligibility Criteria – Graduate Scholarship
- GPA : 3.5 / Very Good or above (Overall grade).
- TOEFL iBT ®: 100 or above.
- MBA – GMAT: 650 or above (taken within 5 years).
- MA in Engineering:
– Old GRE scores are no longer acceptable.
– New GRE scores: Minimum acceptable
– Overall: 315 (Analytical Writing: 4.5)
- Extracurricular Activities: Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
- A minimum of three years of working experience (only for MBA).
- Fields of Study: Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction management.
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2021.
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
- Plan on pursuing their master’s degree at one of the top universities in the United States in the field of Business Administration or Engineering.
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of the degree.
- Candidates who already have one Master’s degree from a foreign university, or who have an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field they are applying for will not be considered.
- Candidates with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field different from the one that they’re applying for will be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
- Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for the below approved universities only. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities.
- The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel expenses and health insurance.
Prepare the following documents:
· Copy of test scores ( TOEFL iBT ® / GRE or GMAT).
· Copy of transcripts.
· Copy of graduation certificate.
· Two recommendation letters.
· Fill in the application form after registration: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application.
· For E-mail inquiries regarding the scholarship: [email protected] or contact AMIDEAST on 19263.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ghada Raafat / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Akram Salah / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team