Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Programme
The Copenhagen Bioscience PhD programme recruits up to 16 motivated international students annually to launch their careers in the vibrant scientific environment of the Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Centers in Copenhagen.
The four-year programme is divided into a pre-doctoral year followed by three years of PhD training at one of the four Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Centers embedded at the University of Copenhagen or the Technical University of Denmark.
The pre-doctoral year includes short rotation projects, choice of a lab for the long-term (PhD) project, and common research-based courses, approximately 15% of the time during the pre-doctoral year is spent on courses and the remaining 85% on lab-based research, all awardees must pass an assessment at the end of the pre-doctoral year to qualify for the following three years of PhD education.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Stem Cell Biology
- Protein Research
- Basic Metabolic Research
For more details, from Here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
- Applicants must submit an on-line application form before the deadline.
- At the time of starting the programme, applicants must hold a degree from a university outside Denmark.
- The programme is also open for applicants with Danish degrees who have full-time research experience from outside Denmark for at least one year (if confirmed by a reference letter).
- At the time of starting the programme, applicants must either hold a degree at a level equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree or hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at least one year of research experience.
- The applicant should not have worked or studied at any of the NNF research centres before joining the programme.
- Current or recent Master’s students and research assistants at the NNF research centres are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must provide a minimum of two academic references. References should preferentially be from established research scientists that have supervised the applicant in a lab setting, or alternatively may be from academic teachers that know the applicant well.
- If the applicant is not a native English speaker, proof of English proficiency such as a valid (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced English, or GRE) certificate must be provided. If the applicant has completed prior studies in English at university-level, proof of English proficiency will not be required. However, this must be indicated clearly in the applicant’s CV.
- The funding covers the full salary and tuition fees.
- During the first year, the student is employed as a research assistant and receives a pre-doctoral fellowship to cover their salary.
- During the following three years, the students will be formally enrolled as PhD students at their host institution and receive a PhD fellowship to cover their salary and tuition fees.
- Students that fail in their qualifying exam at the end of the pre-doctoral year will not receive funding for years 2-4.
First Step: Applications must be completed and submitted using the Novo Nordisk Foundation electronic application system.
Second Step: Once signed up and logged in at the Nov Nordisk Foundation grant administration system, you can find the Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Programme call for applications under the ‘Copenhagen Bioscience’ tab.
Third step: When applying for the programme, the applicant must select which research centre they wish to join.
- Applicants are required to explain their interest in chosen supervisors and/or research topics in the application form.
- The applicant must provide the name and contact details of two referees in the application form, the referees will be contacted via the application system and asked to provide their reference in the online system, the applicant will not be able to see the referee’s comments, but will be able to see if their referee has submitted a recommendation. Please note that it will not be possible to submit the application until two referees have provided their references, the applicant should contact their referees in advance to make sure they are able to submit their recommendation in the online system before the application deadline.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nedaa Megahed / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Wahiba El Zayat/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team