1 December 2018 .
The fellowship period will be spent in a European research laboratory or clinic focused on problems associated with MS.
[vc_text_separator title=” Description ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
ECTRIMS POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP EXCHANGE PROGRAMME
ECTRIMS offers a postdoctoral research fellowship exchange programme for young neuroscientists to facilitate their conduct of and training in basic, clinical or applied research related to multiple sclerosis (MS). The goal of the programme is to maximize exchange of information and to help grow the pool of well-trained research scientists focused on problems in MS. Initially, it is anticipated that several fellowships will be awarded each year.
[vc_text_separator title=” More Details ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
- The ECTRIMS Research Fellowship is a research-focused experience. Prospective fellows must identify and present a cogent basic, clinical or applied research project to be undertaken during the fellowship period, in collaboration with the fellowship mentor at the host institution.
- Applicants pursuing a research fellowship experience in any MS-related research topic (basic, applied or clinical, in any relevant specialty area) will be considered.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
[vc_text_separator title=” Required Languages ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
According to the institution.
[vc_text_separator title=” Eligible Countries ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
[vc_text_separator title=” Program Period ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
1 or 2 years .
Fellowships of shorter duration than 1 year will be considered only under special circumstances, which must be detailed in the application process.
[vc_text_separator title=” Eligibility Requirements (Criteria) ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
- Scientists and physicians who hold or are candidates for an MD, PhD, ScD or equivalent professional degree are eligible.
- Candidates must have received their advanced degree(s) prior to initiation of the fellowship.
- At the time of application fellows should have no more than one year of prior postdoctoral training at the same host institution/mentor. More senior candidates may have no more than 5 years total of postdoctoral experience beyond their final degree (PhD, MD, ScD or equivalent) at the time of application.
- In general, successful applicants will be less than 40 years of age at the time of application; exceptions under special circumstances will be considered.
- Citizens of any country are eligible to apply to this programme; however, postdoctoral research training must be undertaken in a European laboratory or clinic.
- Candidates and their mentors must affirm that there will be no language barriers that will impede the training experience.
- After the fellowship period, it is desirable, but not required, for the fellow to return to his/her original home institution for employment, to the extent possible. Post-fellowship career plans should be detailed as part of the application process.
[vc_text_separator title=” Opportunity Cost ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
- The fellowship will provide an annual stipend of €55’000 for all fellows.
- ECTRIMS will also provide economy round-trip transportation from the successful candidate’s home location to the training site; travel expenses for family members cannot be provided.
- Payment from ECTRIMS will be made to the host institution, which will be considered the employer of the fellow. Stipends will be paid by the host institution to the fellow according to the institution’s own payment policies and schedules. Travel expenses for relocation to the training site can be reimbursed directly to the fellow, upon submission of receipts to ECTRIMS.
- The ECTRIMS award must be used by the institution to pay the fellow’s stipend (“salary”) at the appropriate rate for the fellow’s stage of training. Should there be any remaining funds, the remainder of the award can be used to support institutional social benefits (health care coverage, pension, other benefits) that may be required by the institution.
- If the total stipend plus benefits exceeds the amount provided by the ECTRIMS award, it is the responsibility of the institution/ mentor to supplement the ECTRIMS award to cover the entire required costs.
- The expected fellow’s total salary as well as the expected fellow’s total social benefits costs per year have to be indicated by the host institution.
- If the annual or prorated ECTRIMS award is not sufficient for the total required costs of the fellow (salary plus benefits), additional source(s) of funding that will be used to cover the total costs have to be listed.
- It is expected that the actual research to be undertaken at the host institution will be supported by the host institution/mentor.
- No additional support for travel, books, journal subscriptions, etc. will be provided.
- Fellows will be expected to attend annual ECTRIMS Congresses during the term of their fellowship and to make a presentation (at a young researcher’s section or elsewhere) on their funded research. ECTRIMS will separately support travel and accommodations for Congress participation.
[vc_text_separator title=” How to Apply ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
First Step: Press the “Apply Now” button and Create an account.
Second Step: Fill the application form.
The fellowship application should include:
- A completed on-line application, available from the ECTRIMS web site (www.ectrims.eu).
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae and bibliography of the applicant, not to exceed 5 pages. You must use the form “biographical sketch” provided by ECTRIMS, available in the online fellowship application system.
- Applicant’s career plans (not to exceed one page).
- A research project description, to be no longer than 6 pages, including figures, tables and references.
- A research project abstract summary, to be no longer than 250 words.
- Applicant’s proof (e.g. certificate) of local language knowledge.
Third Step: The following additional items must be submitted electronically to [email protected] by 1 December. These should be submitted as confidential documents and should NOT be submitted with the materials requested in Second Step. Please be sure to ask referees to clearly identify the NAME of the applicant on all pages of his/her letters.
- From the proposed mentor: Letter of endorsement of the proposed mentor, with special reference to interactions he/she has had with the proposed fellow and to the proposed research plan. An abbreviated current curriculum vitae and bibliography for the proposed mentor, not to exceed 5 pages, should be included. The form “biographical sketch” provided in the online fellowship application system should be used. The applicant should send this form to the mentor.
- From the training institution:
1) Letter of support from the department chair (or other relevant institutional official) at the proposed host institution accepting the proposed fellow, should a fellowship be awarded.
2) Certification from the training institution accepting the terms of the ECTRIMS fellowship and payments. The necessary form is available from the online application system; the applicant should forward this form to the institution for completion and return to ECTRIMS.
- From other referees: At least three letters of reference from professionals acquainted with the proposed fellow, from his/her home institution or elsewhere, that addresses the fellow’s qualities and likelihood for success in a research and/or clinical career. One of these letters should be submitted from the degree mentor for the proposed fellow. If applicable, a letter from the home institution indicating that the fellow will be welcomed back to the institution and the nature of the position that will be available, once the fellowship period has been concluded.
[dt_button link=” http://www.professionalabstracts.com/ectrims2019/fellowship/index.php ” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” style=”default” bg_color_style=”default” bg_hover_color_style=”default” text_color_style=”default” text_hover_color_style=”default” icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”left”] Apply Now [/dt_button]
Know more about this opportunity:
[dt_button link=”https://www.ectrims.eu/postdoctoral-research-fellowship-exchange-programme/” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” style=”default” bg_color_style=”default” bg_hover_color_style=”default” text_color_style=”default” text_hover_color_style=”default” icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”left”] Official Website [/dt_button]
[vc_text_separator title=” Marj3 recommended links ” title_align=”separator_align_left” color=”green” border_width=”2″]
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
[dt_button link=”https://www.marj3.com/important-requirements” animation=”fadeIn” size=”medium” style=”default” bg_color_style=”default” bg_hover_color_style=”default” text_color_style=”default” text_hover_color_style=”default” icon=”fa fa-chevron-circle-right” icon_align=”left”] Marj3 recommended links [/dt_button]
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma Merhabi/ Lebanon “
Reviewed by” Abdelaziz Ahmed Fouad/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team