15 July 2020 at 17.00 hours (GMT+0) Rabat Local time
ASRIC IN PARTNERSHIP WITH UEMF CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2020 – 1ST CALL
Considering the comparative advantage and the common mandate of ASRIC and UEMF “building Africa’s technical competences” the two institutions decided to engage on a long-term scientific collaboration where they offer 10 scholarship slots for the academic year 2020-2021 for African PhD students to carry out their doctoral research work at the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF), Morocco.
The ASRIC is mandated to implement Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) and to promote scientific research and innovation in order to address the challenges of Africa’s socio-economic development. The Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF) was created with aim to promote the values of leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and solidarity, in furtherance UEMF is a growing centre of excellence in higher education and research with more than one and half thousand students, 24% of which are scholarship recipients.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Digital Engineering and Artificial Intelligence
- Embedded systems
- Additive Manufacturing
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Energy storage; Batteries and Smart grids
- Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM NORTH AFRICA.
- Must be national of the one of the African Union Member State.
- Applicants must be less than 35 years of age at the end date of this call.
- Must have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma.
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
- Tuition fees of about $9,000.
- Annually one return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation.
- A stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year.
First Step: Download the application form onto your computer by clicking on (Apply now) and fill in your personal, career and educational background information.
Second Step: List all publication that you published (and attach a copy of the publication) then answer the following questions:
- What motivated you to apply for the ASRIC-UEMF Scholarship and why to study UEMF? (150 words).
- How your study can result in changing your future/ country future and Africa at large? (150 words).
Third Step: Select one of the research areas and provide the following documents:
- An updated CV.
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate.
- A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma.
- A copy certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters.
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation.
- A certified copy of the international passport.
- 2 personal passport size photographs.
- 2 recommendation letters.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Farah Sameh/ Egypt“
Reviewed by “Hager Darwish/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team