15 November 2018.
OIST Graduate School.
Students follow an individually tailored academic program providing a strong foundation in their chosen discipline with many interdisciplinary opportunities. An outstanding research environment for thesis research gives students the best possible opportunity to realize their full potential in research.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next possible admissions workshop, held at OIST, as part of the selection process. If you prefer to attend a later admissions workshop (February 12th-14th, 2019), you may defer the invitation.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Environmental and Ecological sciences
- Marine Sciences
- Mathematical and computational sciences
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The basic requirement for the OIST Graduate Program is completion of a Bachelors, Masters or equivalent degree prior to the admission date.
- Candidates are considered for admission without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or gender.
- Financial support of 2.4 million yen per year (taxable) is provided for each year of approved full-time study, which is sufficient to ensure a comfortable standard of living. Tuition will also be covered. Students additionally receive support for relocation to Okinawa, a personal computer and financial support for educational travel and conference attendance.
First Step: Start your application Here.
- Create your own account.
- Fill in your application form, then submit.
Second Step: Required Documents:
- Transcript and Diploma: Scanned copies of your current academic transcript and any completed diploma (BSc, MSc, etc.) in PDF format. An English explanation is required for transcripts that are not written in English.
- Applicant’s Statement: This should be not more than 400 words.
- Recommendation Letter: Each applicant is required to have at least 2 and no more than 5 letters of recommendation from appropriate academic referees. As a rule, it is very helpful for the admissions committee to have three or more letters: two is a minimum requirement. In the online application system, the applicant will enter the name and email of each recommender. The system will then contact the referee directly for their letter.
- Proof of English Proficiency: An applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university for which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score obtained within the last 2 years.
- There is no minimum score required but the information is necessary in determining preparatory course requirements.
The following documents may be submitted optionally, and will be taken into consideration by the selection committee if available:
- Additional evidence of academic ability such as GRE general or specific test scores obtained within the last 2 years.
- Additional material such as the title and abstract of publications and oral presentations, and other evidence of achievement.
Note: The OIST Graduate School reserves the right to request an external evaluation of academic qualifications from any applicant.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt “
Reviewed by”Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team