8 February 2019.
The MEST Training Program (2019 Intake).
MEST offers a fully sponsored 12-month graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
While diving deep into fundamental business and technology concepts, EITs (Entrepreneurial In Training) complete 3 Capstones per year – they form teams, come up with an idea, build and validate a product, attain customers and pitch the idea in front of our board.
The year culminates in a final exam in the form of an investor pitch, after which some companies will receive seed funding and enter the MEST Incubator.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Software development.
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Program Start Date: August 2019.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company.
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation.
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively.
- Confidence and independent thinking.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Proven academic excellence.
- Business-oriented applicants who are interested in learning how to start a software company.
- While it’s not a requirement to have previous coding experience, a strong interest in learning about technology is a must.
- Accepted candidates must be able to commit to spending a year in Accra, Ghana at the MEST training program starting August.
- All participants must provide personal information that is true and accurate.
- Successful applications have the following:
- A deep passion for starting a software company.
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience.
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience).
The MEST program is fully funded as it includes:
- Free tuition.
- Room and board, 3 meals per day.
- A small monthly stipend.
First Step: Create an account from here.
Second Step: Confirm your Email.
Third Step: Fill in your application about your Personal Information, Education, Work Experience, Personality, Understanding of the Industry of the idea, Understanding of the Tech & Entrepreneurship, Skills, Free Form Questions, Personal Statements, upload your Resume, and finally add Reference Check.Then submit it.
Notes about Application Timeline:
- Application Period: Applications open in the 3rd Quarter of each year and close in March the following year.
- Invitation: Qualified applicants will receive an invitation for a telephone interview with a member of the MEST team.
- Screening: Applicants who pass the telephone screening will be invited to take an online aptitude test.
- Interview Process: Interview Process In-person group and individual interviews take place in South Africa in February; and in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Cote d’Ivoire in May each year.
- Offers: Offers are sent out by the end of May each year.
- Beginning of training: Training starts in August each year.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Nashwa Attallah/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team