1 October, 2020
Any country in the world
You can look at the Map of UICC member organizations for potential hosts from Here
Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial International Study Grants (YY)
The YY Study Grants provide an important opportunity to advance cancer research through international collaboration. Their purpose is to enable individuals from any country to carry out cancer research projects abroad and including the opportunity to receive further training in research methods or techniques.
The Yamagiwa-Yoshida International Memorial (YY) Study Grant programme is an important part of UICC’s Fellowship portfolio and aims specifically at supporting established cancer investigators from any country. Since its inception in 1975, the YY Study Grant programme has contributed to the professional capacity development of over 330 Fellows from over 40 countries. it’s objectives :
- initiate, set up or pursue bilateral cancer research projects with collaborating investigators abroad.
- exchange complementary skills and materials.
- receive training in advanced experimental cancer research methods and techniques.
- This is not a clinical training fellowship.
- Number of Available Scholarships: 6 – 8 per year.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Cancer Research (Oncology)
- Public Health
Note: The research plan is basic, transnational, public health or applied cancer research.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
You will get your result on January 2021
- Candidates must have been rewarded their PhD (or equivalent degree) at least 2 years prior to the application closing date of the YY Selection applied for
- Applicants must have a track record in cancer research (Actively engaged in cancer research).
- To permit effective communication at the host institute, applicants, and host supervisors must have adequate fluency in a common language.
- Only one UICC fellowship scheme can be applied to at one time.
- Candidates who have already obtained a UICC fellowship in the past may apply for further UICC awards only if they are Members of the Association of UICC Fellows and at least one year has passed since their previous fellowship.
Note: Candidates attached to commercial entities or have associations with the tobacco industry are not eligible.
- Grants of US$10,000 will be awarded.
- The YY study grant awards are based on candidates’ estimates for travel and living costs, published fares and UICC scales but are only a contribution towards least expensive international travel and living costs.
- They are not intended to completely cover all travel or normal salary or income levels.
- They are for the initial travel from home to host countries but do not include internal travel within the home and/or host countries.
- Costs for visa, passports, airport taxes etc. are the responsibility of the Fellows.
- The awards do not cover medical care, insurances or taxes.
- They also do not provide support for accompanying dependents.
- Stipends are limited to 3 months.
First Step: Sign up Here to create your account.
- You have to complete your professional profile before starting the application
- To start the application, select the Grant Opportunities tab. A list of grant makers will be displayed, please select UICC. Select the YY Study Grant call that you wish to apply for
Second Step: You have to upload these documents as appendix to the application form:
- A Bio-sketch of the applicant
- An Attestation on Headed Paper from Home Supervisor
- Hand-Signed Host Attestation
- Hand-Signed Letter of Invitation on Headed Paper from Host Supervisor
- One-Page Resume of the Host Supervisor’s Project-Related Activities
- Host Supervisor’s Project-Related Publications
- Applicant’s Project-Related Publications
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Samah Mubarak/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rana Hassan/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team