Letter of Intent Deadline: 5 May, 2020 at 1:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Application Deadline: 8 July, 2020 at 1:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Any country in the world
AACR NEXTGEN GRANTS FOR TRANSFORMATIVE CANCER RESEARCH
The AACR NextGen Grants for Transformative Cancer Research represent the AACR’s flagship funding initiative to stimulate highly innovative research from young investigators. This grant mechanism is intended to promote and support creative, paradigm-shifting cancer research that may not be funded through conventional channels. It is expected that these grants will catalyze significant scientific discoveries and help talented young investigators gain scientific independence.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) was founded on May 7, 1907, in Washington and is the first and largest cancer research organization dedicated to accelerating the conquest of cancer.The mission of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is to prevent and cure cancer through:
Research, Education, Communication, Collaboration, Science Policy and Advocacy. Through its programs and services, the AACR fosters research in cancer and related biomedical science; accelerates the dissemination of new research findings among scientists and others dedicated to the conquest of cancer; promotes science education and training; and advances the understanding of cancer etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment throughout the world.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- cancer research
While the research proposed for funding may be basic, translational, or clinical in nature in any area of cancer research, at least one AACR NextGen Grant will be awarded to a breast cancer-focused project.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
Decision Date for acceptance: 09/2020
Start of Grant Term :1 November, 2020.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree (PhD, MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent) in a related field and not currently be a candidate for a further doctoral degree.
- At the start of the grant term on Nov. 1, 2020, applicants must: hold a tenure-eligible appointment (or equivalent, if institution does not follow a tenure system) at the rank of assistant professor (appointments such as research assistant professor, adjunct assistant professor, assistant professor research track, visiting professor, or instructor are not eligible; applicants that have progressed to associate professor appointments are also not eligible.); have held a tenure-eligible assistant professor appointment for less than three years (appointed on or after Nov. 1, 2017); and work at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of submission, and CANNOT be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- If the future position is at a different institution than the applicant’s current institution, the applicant must contact AACR’s Scientific Review and Grants Administration Department (AACR’s SRGA) at [email protected] before submitting their Letter of Intent for information on additional verification materials/signatures that may be required.
- The proposed research must represent a highly innovative approach to a major contemporary challenge in cancer research. The funded projects must have the potential to lead to groundbreaking discoveries in the field, and transform our understanding of the tumorigenesis process and/or our ability to treat, detect, or prevent cancer. The research can be in any area of basic, translational, or clinical science.
- An applicant applying from an institution located in a country in which they are not a citizen or a permanent resident assures that their visa status will provide sufficient time to complete the project and grant term at the institution from which they applied.
- The grants provide $450,000 over three years for expenses related to the research project, which may include salary and benefits of the grant recipient, postdoctoral or clinical research fellows, graduate students (including tuition costs), and research assistants, research/laboratory supplies, equipment, travel applicable to the research project, publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project, other research expenses, and indirect costs.
April 13, 2021 – Grant recipients must attend the Grants Reception and Dinner to formally accept the grant. Grant funds may be used to support the grantee’s registration and attendance at this Annual Meeting.
First Step: Sign up the official website.
Second Step: You will receive a confirmation number by email to log in the site.
Fourth Step: Fill the online application and mention all information about your Proposal and your institution.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“ِArwa Osama/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rana Hassan/Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team