30 April 2020
ASSETS4RAIL Student Competition 2020
Assets4Rail is a 30 months Shift2Rail project which will contribute to the modal shift to rail by exploring, adapting and testing cutting-edge technologies for railway asset monitoring and maintenance.
ssets4Rail shares the Shift2Rail view of having an ageing European railway infrastructure that needs to cope with the expected increased traffic in the future. To achieve this, weneed an improvement in technology and a cost-effective maintenance and intervention system for infrastructure inspection and monitoring.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Transportation & communication
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Communication of the results will be on the 31.05.2020 and the international meeting will be in June 2020 in Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Open to Master and PhD enrolled students
- Opportunity for young researchers to submit innovative proposals for key research issues considered in EU co-funded project ASSETS4RAIL.
Choose a topic within the competition’s topics; or a topic that addresses aspects of improving inspection and upgrade methods to reduce costs to improve the quality of bridges and rail tunnels. Either notice the other path that deals with building a measurement system to present common data and link it to get a comprehensive view of the systems conditions.
- Diploma recognition signed by the ASSETS4RAIL Board.
- Invitation with travel subsidies to present its innovative proposal during the next ASSETS4RAIL Consortium meeting, Ljubljana (Slovenia), June 2020.
- Receive economic award of 500 Euro.
First Step: Prepare a technical report describing the innovative proposal in a maximum of 36,000 digits, including:
- Planned development.
- Methodological approach.
- Potential for practical implementations and market intakes.
- Competence and economic needs.
Second Step: submit your document in PDF version on the official link.
Third Step: : submit the Technical report in PDF version (as previously defined) – Certificate of enrollment at University – Copy of a valid ID.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Arwa Osama/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Ahmed Elgarf/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team