21 October 2019.
Haltegriff – assisting youth in their work and life skills training
Haltegriff, an Institution specialized in Youth Welfare, offers living and work training for young people with NEET-status (Not in Education, Employment or Training) aged 16 to 21, who for various reasons can`t live at home. “Haltegriff” aims at encouraging young people regarding a long-term professional and personal independence. Emphasis is on knowledge transfer concerning skills that help stabilizing the young persons and thus, preparing them for a long-term integration into the labour market.Haltegriff provides job training and living facilities for 16 young people. The teams are formed of qualified people coming from different backgrounds. The team takes care of youngsters from day to day. Individual support, prevention work and crisis intervention are provided.
The volunteer will be supported by a task related mentor. This mentor will help the volunteer both concerning all task related issues during the project duration and to get part in the daily life of the organisation. Regular meetings between the volunteer and the mentor are provided. The coordinating organisation will take care about a private mentor for the volunteer. Moreover the EVS freetime team is supposed to organise an activities for all hosted EVS volunteers. On Arrival Training and Mid Term Training are organized by NA Austria.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social challenges
- Social Work
- Education and training
English and At least basic knowledge of German is needed.
EGYPT, JORDAN, LEBANON, MOROCCO, LIBYA, TURKEY, CYPRUS, PALESTINE & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- During the period 01/02/2020 to 30/06/2020.
- This position suits best for the people who are in interested in education, social work, psychology, criminology, prevention work and related areas.
- As the target group are youngsters, we are looking for a volunteer from 21 years old.
- At least basic knowledge of German is needed.
- We would like the volunteer to bring his/her cultural background, This may enrich lives of teenagers and help them develop an open perspective on life. Volunteer can learn a lot from both teams, especially about youth behaviour, education system, group dynamic process, social work and psychological support.
- The volunteer will live in his/her own apartment.
- The host organisation will provide a monthly ticket for public transport for the district Bruck/Mürzzuschlag. If requested the volunteer can have a bike as well.
- The volunteer can have lunch and breakfast in the canteen of BBRZ, the volunteer will get canteen tickets for that.
- In addition to that the volunteer will receive food money for self supply.
- Morever, the volunteer will be provided with a German Language Course.
First Step: Create profile on the official website of the opportunity, from here.
Second Step: Apply online and complete the application from here.
Third step: A notification will be sent to the organisation informing them that you are interested in their placement and they will reply for your request.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hadeer Magdy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Morsy / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team