24 April 2020.
12TH International Inter University Short Film Festival-Dhaka University Film Society
Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS) in association with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) presents the 12th edition of the International Inter University Short Film Festival, also known as the IIUSFF. It is a festival that aspires to promote and inspire the work of university-going filmmakers with the slogan “Take Your Camera, Frame Your Dream”.
In 2007, International Inter University Short Film Festival (IIUSFF) started its journey with the goal to provide a platform for young and talented student filmmakers in Bangladesh and overseas to showcase their talent. Over the years, it has succeeded in creating a name of its own and to work as a cross-cultural platform to portray the different styles and dimensions of young University-going filmmakers throughout the world.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Competition: Shorts films under 15 minutes duration will compete for awards.
- Panorama: Films submitted in this category will not compete for awards but they will be selected for screening in the various screening sessions of the festival.
- Short film on Refugee: This section is dedicated to those people who have been forced to flee his or her country because of persecution, war or violence. A refugee has a well-founded fear of persecution for reasons of race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group. Most likely, they cannot return home or are afraid to do so. War and ethnic, tribal and religious violence are leading causes of refugees fleeing their countries. The films that represent the refugee crisis and the struggles of the refugees are eligible for this category.
- One minute short: Short films under 1 minute duration.
- All entries must submit embedded English subtitles with the film. (Dialogue lists are not accepted.)
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The entrant has to be an undergraduate student or postgraduate student, currently enrolled in a University/College. Those who have completed their undergraduate studies within the previous 2 (Two) years are also eligible.
- The applicant and copyright owners hereby warrant and represent that the film is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection.
- The submitted film must not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person.
- There are no restrictions on the theme, topic or genre.
- Films previously submitted to any edition of International Inter University Short Film Festival are not eligible.
- Any single entrant can submit a maximum of two films in any category.
- Submitted films mustn’t be available in any open access streaming site (e.g.- YouTube, Facebook) during the competition period.
- Films earlier screened in other festivals (in any country) are eligible. The entrant has to mention the names of the festivals the film has been screened in.
- All entries must submit embedded English subtitle with the film. (Dialogue lists are not accepted.)
For more information read the “Rules & Terms” from here.
- Zahir Raihan Best Short Award: This award will be entitled to the best short film of the festival. It was first introduced in 2009. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
- Tareque Masud Best Emerging Director Award: The 9th edition of IIUSFF introduced a new award in memory of the legendary Bangladeshi filmmaker Tareque Masud. This award is given to the best Bangladeshi filmmaker participating in the festival. The aim is to encourage Bangladeshi filmmakers to produce more quality films. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
- Short Film on Refugee- Winner: The best short film featuring the context of the refugee crisis around the world will be honored with this award. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
- Short Film on Refugee- Runner-Up: The runner-up in the Short Film on Refugee category will be entitled to this award. Includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
- Best One-Minute Short: Among the short films submitted under the One-Minute Shorts category, the best short film will be awarded this title. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
- Honorable Mentions: Short films will receive Honorable mentions for pioneering in different aspects of film making like Cinematography, Screenplay, Animation, Editing and many more. Includes crest and certificate.
- Best Documentary Short: The best documentary short film in the festival will be awarded this award. The award includes Crest, Certificate and Token money.
- Others: The directors of the top 50 shortlisted films will receive a certificate, crest, and a festival kit.
There are three ways of applying, choose the best for you:
1- Eligible entrants (according to the rules and terms) can participate in the festival through uploading their fictional/ Non-fictional/docu-short/ interview short films by submitting the Google Drive link via FilmFreeway from here.
2- Eligible entrants can participate in the festival by filling up the following Google registration form. The films need to be uploaded to Google Drive or Dropbox or Vimeo prior to the registration process and only the submission link(Google Drive/ Dropbox/ Vimeo or any other cloud storage link) should be provided in the Google form.
Fill Out and Submit your film here: Google Form.
3- Eligible entrants can physically submit their short films through a CD or DVD to the address below and have to provide 2 hard copy of all the Google Form Information.
Dhaka University Film Society
1st Floor, Teacher-Student Center (TSC)
University of Dhaka, Shahbag, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahd Ezzat/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Gehad Elazab/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team