Scholarship Application Deadline: 18 February, 2019.
University Application Deadline: 28 January, 2019.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
School of Economics and Finance Honours Scholarships – Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
Queensland University of Technology is a major Australian university with a truly global outlook. Home to nearly 50,000 students, they’re providing real-world infrastructure, learning and teaching, and graduate skills to the next generation of change-makers.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Bachelor of Business (Honours), As part of this course, you must choose a major:
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Advertising)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Economics)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Financial Planning)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (International Business)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies)
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Public Relations)
For more information, click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- You must have applied for and received an offer to study a Bachelor of Business (Honours) in the School of Economics and Finance.
- Minimum entry requirements for this course are:
- A completed bachelor or coursework masters degree that includes a major in the area of intended study or a qualification deemed equivalent. Students must have achieved a grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 or better on a 7-point scale in the relevant degree or other qualifications and experience which is considered by the Executive Dean, QUT Business School to qualify for admission.
- Applicants are required to nominate a supervisor and topic before submitting a formal application.
- Proof of English language proficiency, the University accepts the following tests with the following required scores (taken within 2 years of commencement at QUT):
- Cambridge Advanced English Score: Overall score 176, Subtests scores 169.
- IELTS Academic: Overall score 6.5, Subtests scores 6.
- Pearson PTE (Academic): Overall score 58, Subtests scores 50.
- TOEFL iBT: Overall score 79, Subtests score: listening and reading 16, writing 21 and speaking 18.
- You must enroll to study full-time.
- You are not eligible for this scholarship if you hold another scholarship.
- The School of Economics and Finance Honours Scholarships will be paid for up to two semesters. They are renewable after the first semester if your progress in the course is deemed satisfactory.
- To keep the scholarship, you must:
- Stay enrolled full-time (48 credit points of study). You must commit at least 30 hours a week to your research, averaged over the year of your degree
- Maintain satisfactory progress in your course and/or maintain grade point average (GPA) of 6 or above in your required coursework units.
- Apply for approval to undertake paid employment while studying. Approval must be given by the Head of School on the advice of your principal supervisor. Any paid employment must not interfere with your study program, and QUT reserves the right to terminate your scholarship if your progress is unsatisfactory as the result of additional paid work.
- You will not be required to provide any service to QUT during or after your scholarship period as a condition of receiving your scholarship.
- If you withdraw from your course or any units after the census date, you will need to repay the scholarship for that semester and cover the tuition fees for any units you were enrolled in within 30 days.
- To keep the scholarship, you must:
- a scholarship of $6,000, paid in two installments over two semesters. Each installment will be paid after the census date for the semester.
First Step: Nominate a supervisor and topic
Applicants are required to nominate a supervisor and topic before submitting a formal application. Normally applications will be successful only if a supervisor and topic are well matched. The Business School does not guarantee supervision capacity for all topics. Make sure that there is a genuine fit with your potential supervisor’s research interests by exploring QUT’s research experts and the potential supervisors on the Business School website.
– You should then contact the QUT Business School research degree team at [email protected] and provide:
- a transcript of academic records
- the topic area you want to study
- the school in which you want to undertake your research
- if known, the name of a potential supervisor.
– The information will be passed onto the nominated school or supervisor.
Second Step: Apply to the University
– Some countries can apply directly to the university, others need to apply through a QUT representative. To find out which, click here (A list of countries that need representatives).
- To apply for your course directly, complete the application form and email it to [email protected]
- To apply through a QUT representative, here’s a link to find a representative in your country.
– When you submit your application, you’ll need to pay a non-refundable application fee of $100. Pay your application fee through QUTPay.
– You will need the following supporting documents for your application:
- A certified copy of your award certificates.
- A certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- A certified copy of your formal identity papers, like your passport, national identity card, or student visa.
- A copy of your English test results. You must have taken your test within the last two years. The university accepts test results from: .
– If your documents are not in English, you will need to supply a certified English translation.
Documents can be certified by:
- an official QUT representative (you can find a representative in your country)
- a public notary.
- an authorised officer from the institution that issued the documents, if the institution sends your documentation directly to QUT.
Third Step: Apply to the scholarship
- Complete the application form and indicate which scholarships you want to apply for. You can apply for multiple scholarships using the same form:
- Gather your supporting documents. You must supply your CV or resume. You may also choose to supply other documents you think will support your application, such as written references.
- Submit your application form, CV or resume, and any other supporting documents to Katalina Mok in the School of Economics and Finance.
If you have any questions about the scholarship or your scholarship application, contact Professor Adam Clements.
Fourth Step: Results
The School of Economics and Finance Honours Scholarship will be awarded to the applicants with the highest overall result in their undergraduate degree in either economics or finance. If your application is successful, the Assistant School Administration Officer will contact you to let you know. If you are selected for more than one scholarship, you will be asked to choose which one you will accept. If you decline the offer of a scholarship, it may be awarded to the second most qualified applicant if appropriate.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sohair ElMeligy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Reem Khaled / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team