31 May 2019.
AFS Global Citizen Prize for Young Leaders.
The new AFS annual award will recognize one extraordinary young person for their commitment to improving the global community with a US$10,000 cash prize, trip to Montreal to attend the AFS Global Conference, international recognition and membership in the AFS community of young and active global citizens.
Alongside their other AFS Global Awards, this prize reaffirms AFS’s commitment to developing active global citizens from all backgrounds. To solve pressing 21st-century challenges, AFS develops Active Global Citizens who take action to make a positive difference wherever they live, learn, work and volunteer.
Opportunity Focus Areas
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- Partnerships to achieve the Goal
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The conference will be on 10 October 2019.
- Young people who are leading a project that brings together individuals and communities (representing different cultural, ethnic, religious or other differences) to tackle one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can be nominated.
- The AFS Global Citizen Prize for Young Leaders will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates a compelling approach to foster intercultural understanding.
- Young people are eligible for the prize if they are no older than 30 years old and are running a project that:
- addresses a pressing global issue outlined in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- makes an impact on the local, national or international level.
- engages with diversity as a key to success.
- can be scaled up and extended.
- leads to a more just and peaceful world.
- US$10,000 cash prize.
- Trip to Montreal to attend the AFS Global Conference
- International recognition and membership in the AFS community of young and active global citizens.
First Step: Fill in the application form
- Only one application (focused on one project) per person will be considered.
- Candidates for the AFS Global Citizen Prize for Young Leaders can also be nominated by someone else. The nominator should provide basic information within the designated form, after which AFS will notify the candidate about the nomination, complete with criteria and application.
- One person can nominate as many candidates as they wish. The number of nominations received will not influence the selection of the Prize winner.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Asmaa Essam / Egypt “
Reviewed by “Rania Khalaf / Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team