February 03, 2020
Amgen Scholars Program- Kyoto University
The Amgen Scholars Program at Kyoto University is eight weeks of intensive research in the sciences. Amgen Scholars will be assigned to one of several Kyoto University departments or interdisciplinary areas that traditionally support science and biotechnology research.
Placements will be made based on student interests and available spaces. While each Amgen Scholar will be assigned for supervision by a specific Kyoto University faculty member, supervision and guidance may also be provided by other persons associated with the supervising professor’s lab, including graduate students and post-doctoral associates. All placements are full time (approximately 40 hours per week).
For more information click Here.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- molecular genetics.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
June 9, 2020 – August 8, 2020
Amgen Scholars Asia Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At a minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Are not graduating before the summer program begins, and after the summer program ends will resume undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or quarter
Asia Program applicants must also have:
- A strong record of academic performance; and,
- A good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5. if not a native English speaker or English is not your first language. for more information click Here
- An interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
- Travel Costs.
180,000 yen will be provided to Amgen Scholars.
Scholars will receive:
- 90,000 yen at the beginning of the program.
- 90,000 yen in the middle of July.
For more information please click Here
Submit an online application from Here.
Second Step: In the online application system, you will be required to
- Enter your Statement of Purpose in two columns, Each of the columns has space for a maximum of 3,000 characters.
- Enter a (Two) Recommendation Letters: you are required to nominate two people to provide letters of recommendation, Immediately after you submit your application, an e-mail notification will be automatically sent to the two people that you nominate with instructions on how to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf..
- :Uploading files You will be required to upload the following files in PDF format.
- Official academic transcript of your college or university.
- English test scores.
For more information please click Here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amr Habib/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mariam Mohamed Kamal/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team