28 February, 2019
NUIST-WMO Fellowships Education Program
NUIST-WMO Fellowships Education Program is a full scholarship program co-established by World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST) to encourage outstanding youth in developing countries to study and conduct research at NUIST in meteorological fields of masters and doctoral levels.
Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), founded in 1960 and renamed from Nanjing Institute of Meteorology in 2004, was designated in 1978 as one of the key institutions of higher learning in China. NUIST is a national-level key university co-constructed by the Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government, the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and the China Meteorological Administration (CMA).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Applied Meteorology (agriculture meteorology, ecology oriented).
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
2 academic years.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, be friendly to China and in good health.
- Applicants must abide by the laws and decrees of the Chinese government and meet the requirements of admission to NUIST.
- Applicants should have an active learning attitude and a competitive academic record.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 36 on September 1, 2019 to apply for the master’s program.
- Applicants shall not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships of the Chinese government at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a copy of TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) Certificate (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries ).
- It is a full scholarship which covers tuition fee, accommodation, comprehensive medical insurance and stipend (CNY 2,000 per month). WMO covers a round-trip ticket and international medical insurance not provided by nomination Services.
First Step: Get nomination from the Permanent Representative of the country with WMO with a completed Fellowship Nomination Form (FNF)
Second Step: Apply to NUIST online from here, for the Pre-admission Letter by submitting your application documents and WMO FNF.
1. Application Form for NUIST-WMO Fellowships Education Program.
2. The copy of the passport photo page.
3. Highest degree certificate: Prospective degree recipients shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date and later submit the degree certificate to NUIST after admission. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. Recommendation letters: Two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor. Professors’ signature, contact phone number, and email address must be put on the letter.
6. A research proposal with a minimum of 800 words.
7. Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if any).
8. Proof of English language proficiency (only for applicants from non-English speaking countries).
9. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (in English, can be downloaded from here): The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. Other supporting materials (if available, such as certificates of awards and training, etc.).
Third Step: Apply to WMO Secretariat for NUIST-WMO Fellowship opportunity by submitting your application documents, WMO FNF and NUIST pre-admission letter to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
E-mail of WMO Secretariat: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mariem Memmi / Tunisia “
Reviewed by” Reham Hassan/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team