6 December 2019
Peking university scholarship
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 125 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
The Yenching Academy offers a highly customizable Master’s program in China studies for English speakers with varied levels of Chinese language competency. At the core of the program lies its emphasis on interdisciplinarity and the value it assigns to thinking about China; past, present and future – from both Chinese and international perspectives. It also aims to push the study of China beyond the boundaries of traditionally defined humanities and social science disciplines, and is designed to incorporate the experiences and intellectual training of its diverse student body.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Economics and Management
- History and Archaeology
- Philosophy and Religion
- Politics and International Relations
- Law and Society
- Literature and Culture
– For more information check here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
between 2-3 years
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31, 2020;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and Leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
First Step: Create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal from here
Second Step: Submit the following materials in English:
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
– Should include a self-introduction and well-articulated explanation of how the candidate would make the most of the Yenching Academy program experience, as well as how it would benefit the candidate’s career.
- Curriculum vitae:
– For any internship experience mentioned in the CV, please provide internship certificates or documentations that can act as a proof..
- Official transcript(s):
– Candidates who have earned bachelor’s degrees and are working toward subsequent degrees should upload both the final transcripts from their bachelor programs and most recent transcripts for their current programs.
– Applicants may directly upload transcripts to their online applications (preferred) or have their universities electronically send transcripts to [email protected].
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment:
– Candidates who have earned their bachelor’s degrees and are working toward subsequent degrees should upload both the diplomas from their bachelor programs and certificates of enrollment for current programs.
- Two letters of recommendation:
– Recommendations are to be provided by professors, academic advisors, or other individuals in a position to comment on the applicant’s achievements, character, and potential (with original signatures).
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0.
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100.
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185.
- CEFR: C1 level.
- CET 6: Overall 600.
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above.
- Native English speakers and students or alumni of primarily English taught degree programs are not required to provide English proficiency test score
- Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, they will only accept scores sent directly to them from these organizations
- Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hadeer Magdy/ Egypt“
Reviewed by“Eman Morsy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team