Nov. 1, 2019.
Summer 2020 Podcast Internship at The Wall Street Journal in NEW YORK
The Wall Street Journal internship program is an opportunity for college juniors, seniors and graduate students to be fully immersed in the Pulitzer Prize-winning newsroom, working with some of the best journalists in the world. The summer 2019 interns reported front-page news, created interactive graphics, edited photo projects, wrote colorful features, produced videos, curated and published our journalism across platforms, and much more.
The Wall Street Journal’s podcast internship is based in New York City and designed for students who intend to pursue a career in audio journalism.The audio intern’s primary duties will include supporting the production of editorially sound and compelling audio for WSJ’s podcasts, as well as publishing and promotion of shows both on the WSJ platform and off-platform. You should have a strong interest in domestic and international news, as well as business and financial news.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- writing and podcast
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Summer internships take place over June, July and August, though start dates can be flexible in certain circumstances.
Only finalists will be contacted. WSJ will review applications on a rolling basis and strive to make selections by mid-December.
You should have the following skills:
- Strong script writing, with an emphasis on writing for the ear
- Audio producing, recording and editing experience, ideally in Pro Tools
- Comfort researching, finding and securing archival audio
- Basic understanding of podcast formats and delivery methods
- Social media savvy
- Great communication and organizational skills
The screening process puts heavy emphasis on work samples and prior experience.
- Interns are paid $900 per week.
- Interns will be helped with the cost of public transportation.
- Housing will not be provided, but you can get help to point you in the right direction.
- Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in the job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to Dow Jones at [email protected] . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
First Step: Create an account on here, and complete the “application form”.
Second Step: Submit the following documents:
- A resume.
- No more than five samples of your work. (You may include a link to a website for work samples.)
- A cover letter.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“ Fatma Zalat/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Manar Khattab/Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team