10 September 2020 (for those commencing in December)
10 November 2020 (for those commencing in March 2021)
Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms, certain HSK test centers, Chinese language (education) departments of foreign universities, professional associations for Chinese language instruction of other countries, Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad (collectively “recommending institutions”) may recommend outstanding students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers to study International Chinese Language Education or related majors in Chinese universities and colleges (“host institutions
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chinese Language
English and Chinese
EGYPT, SYRIA, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, JORDAN, MOROCCO, SUDAN, IRAQ, SAUDI ARABIA, LEBANON, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, LIBYA, PALESTINE, OMAN, KUWAIT, MAURITANIA, QATAR, BAHRAIN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, DJIBOUTI, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES NOT FROM MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
Duration varies depending on the program you are applying for:
- PhD: 4 years
- Master: 2 years
- Bachelor: 4 years
Note: all programs commences September 2020.
- Non-Chinese citizen.
- Be in good physical and mental conditions and wih good academic performance and conduct.
- Committed to the Chinese language education and related work.
- Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2020.
- Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall not be over 45.
- while undergraduate student applicants shall not be over 25.
Scholarship for PhD’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (PhDTCSOL):
- Commences September 2020 and provides scholarship for maximum four academic years. Applicants shall be Master degree in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Lanuage, Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages, Linguistics, or education-related majors, and have a minimum score of 200 in HSK Test (Level 6) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level). Applicants should have work experience in Chinese language teaching and related fields for more than 2 years. Priority will be given to applicants who may provide a work contract with a teaching insistution upon completing their studies in China or a proof to the same effect.
Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL):
- Commences September 2020 and provides scholarship for maximum two academic years. Applicants shall be Bachelor degree holders, and have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level). Priority will be given to applicants who may provide a work contract with a teaching insistution upon completing their studies in China or a proof to the same effect.
Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL):
- Commences September 2020 and provides scholarship for maximum four academic years. Applicants must have graduated with a senior high school diploma, and have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 4) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
The scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses:
- Tuition is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide teaching and management of scholarship students organizing cultural and social activities, as well as organizing Chinese language proficiency tests. Tuition fee does not cover the textbook expenses and tourist tickets.
- Accommodation fee is under the overall planning and utilization of host institutions to provide students with in-campus apartments (usually double rooms). Students hoping to live off-campus should apply to the university and receive the off-campus permission from the university. Then the accommdation allowance for PhD student is RMB 1,000 per month per person and other scholarship students is RMB700 per month per person.
- The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person. For MTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person. For PhDTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,500 CNY per person.
Second step: Save and upload the required documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out.
Third Step: Contact Recommending Institutions:
- Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms which have been in operation for more than six months. For more information, please refer to here
- Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates. For information, please refer to Here. (ECNU is eligible to recommend)
- Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s oversea embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions. For further information, please consult [email protected].
Fourth step: Send the documents in hard copies to :
International Students Office of ECNU, Contact person: SUN Xiaoqian, Address: Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road,200062
Contact phone number: +86 6223 2013
E-mail: [email protected]
The documents are:
- Application Form for Confucius Institute Scholarship （filled in Chinese or English and generated by on-line application）.
- Copy of passport
- Highest diploma (original or notarized photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English and no less than 800 words.
- Recommendation letters from recommending Institution
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
- HSK & HSKK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate （Valid for 2 years）.
- Non-criminal Certificate (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese)
- Application fee: 800RMB (Please pay through the online registration to here.
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal )guardians in China. (only Bachelor degree
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
- A short essay related to the major Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (around 1000 words). When the essay is submitted, there will be an interview arranged.
- After confirming with the successful applicants, host institutions will post the Admission letter and JW202 form The scholarship certificate can be print out from the CIS website.
- If you will choose ECNU as your recommending institution, please download the recommendation letter here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“salma tarek abo amra / Egypt “
“Marwa Bouzidi/ Algeria“
MARJ3 Scholarship Team