Three (3) months before you wish to begin.
Fall semester classes begin in mid-August.
Spring semester classes begin in early-January.
Maryville College-International Scholarship
Maryville College has a strong scholarship program for international students and all admitted degree-seeking international students receive a scholarship.
Your scholarship is automatically renewed for up to four academic years (8 fall/spring semesters), provided that you maintain a satisfactory GPA, act as a cultural ambassador on campus, and reside on campus.
Maryville College has welcomed international undergraduate students since the mid-1800s, and 1884 was the year our first international student was awarded a Maryville College degree.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- A ( Accounting, American Sign Language and Deaf Studies, American Sign Language-English Interpreting, American Studies, Analytics, Appalachian Studies, Art)
- B (Biochemistry,Biology, Biopharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmacy, Business, Business Analytics)
- C (Chemistry, Child Development and Learning, Communication, Computer Science, Counseling, Criminal Justice)
- E (Economics, Education, Engineering, English, English as a Second Language – Teaching, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Exercise Science)
- F (Finance / Accounting, Foreign Languages)
- G (Gender and Women’s Studies, German)
- H (History, Human Resource Management)
- I (International Business, International Studies)
- M (Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Medieval Studies, Ministry and Church Leadership Certificate Program, Music)
- N (Neuroscience, Nonprofit Leadership Certification, Nursing-Health Care)
- Outdoor Studies and Tourism
- P (Philosophy, Physical Education-Health and Recreation, Political Science, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Law, Pre-Med, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Physician Assistant, Pre-Seminary, Pre-Vet, Pre-Vet / D.V.M.,Psychology)
- Sociology, Spanish, Statistics, Sustainability Studies
- Theatre Studies
- Writing Communication
To check every program description, the individual courses included in each program and the prerequisites Click here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Four academic years (8 fall/spring semesters).
- International Scholarship Awarded to entering admitted international students with a GPA below 2.7.
– Basic Admissions Requirements:
Maryville College international students have completed the following basic coursework with good grades prior to admission to Maryville College:
Four years of English and two years another language (including your native language).
Three or more years of math.
Two or more years of lab science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc.)
Two or more years of social science or history.
– Standardized Tests: SAT/ACT Scores :
- SAT and ACT scores are NOT required for international applicants.
– Language Proficiency:
International students have to demonstrate English proficiency,This may be done by sending us results from the below tests, or by testing onsite after arrival.
– If you are not a native English speaker and have taken one of the following tests:
- TOEFL IBT score of 74 (with no sub score below 18) or CBT score of 200 or paper-based score above 525 combined with demonstrated competency in essay writing.
- IELTS band score of 6.5 or higher.
- EIKEN (Step) score of Grade Pre-1.
- iTEP Academic score of 3.9.
- PTE Academic score of 50.
- Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency score of 74.
If you do not have language proficiency results you may take an English Proficiency Test (Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency) upon arrival. If your test scores are lower than expected, don’t worry! We have an ESL-College Pathway Program that will keep you on track to graduate*.
All scholarship funds are credited toward tuition payments:
- $16,000 each year for residential students, $12,000 for commuters.
- $50 application fee: non-refundable. Waived for exchange students. (J-1 visa)
Contact at [email protected] for payment information or use online payment link:
- Academic records from all previous schools that you have attended (your high school or university records):
These must be transcripts in English, If your country has any type of national examination system for high school graduates, please include copies of those results, You may send us certified copies, however, after an initial review, maryville may ask you to send official copies to an outside credential evaluator.
- TOEFL or IELTS test results, if you have taken them.
- A personal statement explaining your reasons for choosing Maryville College ( 1-2 page ).
- Photocopy of your passport.
Second Step: Send materials to:
CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION, MARYVILLE COLLEGE
502 EAST LAMAR ALEXANDER PKWY
MARYVILLE, TN 37804, USA
Telephone: +1-865-981-8183 • FAX: +1-865-981-8187 • Email: [email protected]
Third Step: If you are accepted, you will receive acceptance letter, to secure your place and receive the I-20 form which you need for your student visa application at the U.S. embassy or consulate, Maryville College will require:
- Pay the $300 tuition deposit:The tuition deposit is applied toward your first semester’s bill.
- Copy of your passport (identification pages).
- Financial documents (e.g., copies of bank statements dated within the last three months):
– Showing your ability to pay for your studies.
– The US government will also require that you pay a fee for SEVIS registration (funding needed for your first year of study and living costs) $27,500 to $31,500 before you can apply for your student visa.
– Please include a financial statement form with your documentation.
Note: You may choose to send us all items (application, copy of passport, $50** application fee, school and test records,essay, $300 deposit, financial documents) at the same time, to speed up the process
- If you have any questions send an email to [email protected].
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Shorouk Nasser / Egypt ”
Reviewed by” Reem Khaled/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team