2 March 2020
For more information about the places of study, click here.
DARMASISWA INDONESIAN SCHOLARSHIP
DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa, art and culture. Participants can choose one of selected universities located in different cities in Indonesia.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
English and additional Bahasa Indonesia.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
12 months of study program.
- Online registration – 2 January 2020 until 2 March 2020.
- Interview at related KBRI/KJRI – 4 March 2020 until 13 March 2020.
- Selection by the University (online) – 15 March 2020 until 3 April 2020.
- Announcement – 20 April 2020.
- Attendance confirmation – 21 April 2020 until 30 April 2020.
- Final Announcement – 6 May 2020.
- Flight itinerary confirmation – 7 May 2020 until 1 August 2020.
- Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia – 29 August 2020.
- Orientation program at Jakarta, Indonesia – 29 until 30 August 2020.
- Foreign nationals
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 18 years and Not older than 27 years of age
- Able to communicate in English (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying
- Have good interest to learning about language, art and culture
- Not registered as Darmasiswa’s Alumni
- Not currently studying in Indonesia
- Not currently working in Indonesia
- Students monthly stipend will be divided into 2 groups of area: Area 1 Rp. 2.950.000,- (Batam, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Makassar, Manado, Bogor, Cikarang, Ambon), Area 2 Rp. 2.550.000,- (Aceh, Padang, Palembang,Purwokerto, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surakarta, Malang, Samarinda)
- Students will be provided with accommodation and transportation during the Orientation Program if time arrival in time with the schedule from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students will get settlement allowance when attending the Orientation Program.
- Students legal permit arrangement with the help of the Host University will be supported by Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Students may seek assistance from Host University in finding a house/room to rent which is included in monthly stipend.
First Step: Register your account from here.
Second Step: Login to your account, fill in the application, and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Medical certificate.
- Passport valid at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia.
- Recommendation Letter From Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English).
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English).
- Language certificate (if applicable).
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable).
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in english or bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words).
- The video shows full of body and has a maximum duration of 2 minutes to tell about the motivation to join the program and what will be done after the program, as an ambassador of Indonesian culture. (in English or Indonesian)
Third Step: Submit your application.
Note: For students who are not in the student’s home country is not allowed to be registered through the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General in the participating countries (non-citizenship).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Lamis Ahmed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hadeer Mahfouz/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team