1 July 2019.
new Art new Audiences
new Art new Audiences aims to be a catalyst for the creation of new art that reaches new audiences in Sub-Saharan Africa and the UK. The call is interested in projects that showcase new art to 18 to 35-year-old audiences who haven’t seen your art before in the following art forms: architecture, design and fashion; film; music; dance and theatre; creative economy; cultural skills; literature; visual arts; and any combination of art forms.
nAnA 2019 is particularly interested in supporting projects by artists, arts organisations and/or art collectives that already have, and want to build upon, cross country collaborations and connections. New partnerships are also encouraged and in the FAQs, you will see how British Council are offering support to identify arts partners in the UK and the Sub-Saharan Africa region;
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Creative economy
- Visual arts
SUDAN & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
You will then be notified on Monday 22nd July if your project has been shortlisted.
- At least three different countries must be involved in the project, each project must have at least one UK partner and at least one partner from Sub-Saharan Africa .
- Your age between 18 to 35 years.
- There are no restrictions on art forms and there are no restrictions on themes.
- nAnA will fund 10 new projects in 2019.
- Projects can bid for up to £30,000.
- Please note as well as granting major projects at £30,000 we welcome experimental project proposals in the range of £5,000 to £10,000.
First Step: Fill in the online application from here.
Second Step: The online application will ask 5 questions on your project idea; the connections and collaborations you are making to the specified countries, cities and to your collaborators; the audience reach; your timeline and communication plan; and your budget. There will also be an opportunity to link to images; videos and any other supporting content that you might wish to include.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mustafa Abdelshafy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mona Awad / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team