15 April 2019
All universities in countries – outside Egypt are eligible under the QHS.
(Fully /Partially Funded)
The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation was created in 2007, out of a strong will to contribute to national development through creating high caliber professionals to help enhance Egypt’s growth in all sectors. The Foundation is funded by an endowment from Qalaa Holdings to grant academic scholarships for talented and promising young Egyptian men and women to pursue master degrees abroad in all fields of study.
In addition to QHSF’s regular scholarship, the Foundation manages additional scholarships granted by Qalaa Holdings and its subsidiary companies.
Please note that applicants to any of the awards below cannot apply for a QHSF scholarship in parallel.
The Egyptian Refining Company Scholarship:
The Egyptian Refining Company International Scholarship will go towards funding the studies of 1 master’s degree student per year in any academic discipline. Although all eligible applicants are welcome to apply, this scholarship will give priority to the residents of the areas of Musturud, Khousous and Matareya where ERC operates. Residents of these neighborhoods applying to the scholarship are requested to include a copy of their ID card in their application package. The ERC scholarship covers both tuition fees and living expenses. For more on ERC, visit www.ercegypt.com
The May and Ahmed Heikal Scholarship:
The MAHS is a private award that goes towards funding the studies of 2 master’s degree students per year at New York University to study in any field. The MAHS award covers tuition fees only.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- All Specializeations are available.
English and language of study.
one or two years.
It depends on the Master Program
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt.
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities abroad in their discipline of choice.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest.
- Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study. Good command of the English language.
- Involvement with activities in civic, public or international affairs (NGOs, volunteer work, etc) will be an asset.
- Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of program, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males).
The QHSF funds under two schemes:
- The full scholarship covering tuition and living expenses
- The partial scholarship covering tuition only.
The ceiling for tuition fees is 50,000 USD per annum.
First Step: Applications are only accepted in hard copy.
Your application package must include the following:
- The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship application form (download button below)
- Copy of letter of acceptance to University of choice
- Copy of (completed) application form submitted to university of choice
- An updated C.V.
- Two reference letters (academic and professional)
- Copy of Military Certificate (for Males only).
please submit your application package to:
By Regular Post:
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
P.O Box 29
Postal Code: 11516
Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
Hold at Fedex Mohandessin office
- You can check that your application has been delivered through: [email protected]
- Kindly wait for a week before checking.
- Please submit an acceptance letter to only one university.
- Submit your application package only once.
- Multiple applications from one person will result in rejection of all applications.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Dina Ashraf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amari Assam/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team