31 July 2018.
Online, United States Of America.
Space Exploration Masters – Explore Space For Business Innovation! – No Limits: An International Partnership To Commercialise Space Access
The 2nd edition of the Space Exploration Masters is open for submissions now! The international innovation competition is scouting for new business ideas from 1 May until 31 July 2018. The Space Exploration Masters annually awards the best products, services, and business ideas providing concrete business opportunities to strengthen the benefits of Space Exploration to society. Thus, its mission is to exploit the large potential offered by Space Exploration for the creation of innovative applications and solutions.
Astrosat and the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber in a European-US cooperation are looking for commercially viable business applications for missions in Low Earth Orbit which can use the Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) Dream Chaser for purposes that look beyond Earth observation and cargo delivery. Application ideas should focus on the future of space exploration, aiming for a greater understanding of our Universe and/or support developments regarding destinations like the Moon, Mars, or other distant targets in space, ideally to the benefit of Earth.
Suggestions include using SNC Dream Chaser…
- To support other commercial space businesses in low Earth orbit.
- As a space science platform to advance the deep space gateway.
- To collect commercial Earth observation data with benefits over using satellites.
- To support in-space manufacturing for commercial applications.
- Ffor services linked to next generation space station operations and manufacture.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Submission phase 1 May – 31 July 2018.
- Evaluation phase 1 August – 31 September 2018.
- Awards ceremony 29 -31 October 2018.
- The competition is geared towards entrants from all over the world. In general, enterprises, universities, non-university scientific institutions, startup teams, scientists, researchers, students, engineers or individuals of legal adult age are entitled to participate.
- Please submit your entry and all related communication in English only.
- You don’t need to represent a company, this is not a mandatory field. You can also leave it blank and choose “individual” when prompted for the appropriate form of your organization.
- Is it possible to enter the competition with an idea, It’s an ideas competition, not a business plan competition.
- It is sufficient to create one account per team and to mention all involved persons in the tab “team members” while submitting your idea.
Entrants shall be evaluated by senior members from the Astrosat Innovation and Huntsville/Madison County Chamber teams, alongside independent evaluators appointed by the Space Exploration Masters. The evaluation criteria will be as follows:
- Relevance for space exploration.
- Innovation/novelty/improvement of state of the art.
- Benefits to end users.
- Use of prize package.
- Technology feasibility.
- Market potential.
- Effectiveness compared to current methods.
- The highest value of this prize is the partnership and access provided by the sponsors, Astrosat and the Huntsville Chamber. The winner will become part of this international team to advance the business proposition and support the successful implementation of the winning concept. The winner will be able to take advantage of many opportunities currently under development by Astrosat and the Chamber to promote the business concept and identify partners and customers for its implementation. In addition, the winner will receive:
- Business analysis (valued at EUR 10,000) provided by Astrosat to apply the “Space as a Service” model, including analysis of opportunity, costings, critical partnerships and strategy.
- A trip to Huntsville (worth in total EUR 10,000 incl. travel, food, and accommodation) provided by the Huntsville Chamber and the Port of Huntsville for facilitated meetings with aerospace and technology companies, plus VIP tours of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, and Cummings Research Park.
- Business incubation services (valued at EUR 15,000) incl. one year of office space provided by the University of Alabama Huntsville College of Business Administration and the Dorothy S. Davidson Invention to Innovation Center.
- In addition to the above Partner Challenges, participants have the chance to also apply for the ESA Space Solutions Prize. Among all entries, the proposal with the best business model will be awarded a feasibility study (valued at EUR 40,000).
- The Overall Winner is selected from the five challenge winners by public voting and receives two full working days of expert advice valued at EUR 2,000 for business development and fundraising.
First Step: Are you a Space Exploration Newcomer? Here you can find some suggestions for what kind of topics we are looking for.
Second Step: Participation in the competition is free of charge.
- By Pressing “Apply Now” below this section, you will find the “REGISTER” button on top of the page, which is linked to the ideas database. There, you can register with your email address and password for logging into the database to continue developing your idea as often as you like before the end of the submission phase.
- You can illustrate your idea with a drawing or other picture, you can upload two pictures with a maximum size of 3MB each into the database. Only .gif, .jpg, .tif, and .png files are accepted.
- A total of about 20 questions have to be answered.
- You may enter more than one idea using the same personal account.
Third Step: The final evaluation stage will take place in September. After this date, you will be informed if you have won a challenge. Please note, however, that the winners will not be officially announced before the Awards Ceremony on 30 October.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmed Morsy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Sarra Messili/ Algeria“
& “Mohamed Elsherbeny/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team