1 February 2020
KARLSTAD UNIVERSITY GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Karlstad University Global Scholarship programme is aiming at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
Karlstad University Global Scholarship offers scholarships covering tuition fees in part or in full but it do not cover living costs.The application for scholarship will be considered only if the application fee is paid or if you are exempted from paying the application fee. This scholarship programme is not open for students from the following 12 countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Students from these countries instead have the possibility to apply for The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social sciences and humanities
- Technical programmes and natural sciences
- Architecture and design
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
An offer of a scholarship is only valid for the year and the programme stipulated in the scholarship notification.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- Once a student has met the general entry requirements for all studies at the bachelor’s or master’s level, he/she must also check what specific entry requirements are needed for the course or programme they wish to apply for. For example, engineering courses may require that a student have successfully completed a higher level of mathematics.The specific entry requirements are found on the university website. You can find a link right here by following these steps:
- search for the course/programme on the start page.
- click on ‘More information’ where the course appears in the search results list.
- click on ‘Read the course/programme information on the University’s website’.
- If a student who has been awarded a scholarship changes programmes, the student will risk losing the scholarship as scholarships are programme-specific.
- The value of the scholarship is stated in the notification of scholarship for each scholarship holder.
- The scholarship value is deducted from the tuition fees of the programme for which you are awarded a scholarship.
- To be able to finance your stay in Sweden and get a residence permit for studies you need to show that you have funds for the total study period the first time you apply for a residence permit.
- The application for scholarship will be considered only if the application fee is paid or if you are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Priority will be given to students with high academic performance and who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Karlstad University.
- The scholarship is only awarded for programmes starting in a fall semester.
- The application fee is SEK 900.
- Accepted language tests and minimum results required: (IELTS General Training, TOEFL Examinee, TOEFL ITP Score Records are not accepted)
1- IELTS Academic:
For English 7: an overall mark of 7.0 and no section below 6
For English 6: an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5
For English 5: an overall mark of 5.5 and no section below 5.0
2- TOEFL iBT:
For English 7: Score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 600
For English 6: Score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 575
For English 5: Score of 4.0 (scale 1-6) in written test, total score of 530
For English 7: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 100
For English 6: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 90
For English 5: Score of 17 (scale 0-30) in written test, total score of 72
- This scholarship is intended for students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
- You are not eligible for this scholarship if any of the following is true:
– You have already lived in Sweden for two years or more when the scholarship period is due to begin.
– You have a Swedish permanent residence permit or a work permit.
– You hold a scholarship for studies from Swedish Institute or from a Swedish university/university college.
– You already hold a master’s degree from a Swedish university/university college.
- Scholarships cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fees.
How to Apply
How to Apply
First Step: You must apply for studies at Karlstad university from here and follow these steps:
- Create a user account.
- Search for courses and programmes.
- Fill out and send in your application.
- Pay your application fee, if required.
- Upload your required documents.
- Follow your application.
- Receive and print out your Notification of Selection Results.
Second Step: Fill in the scholarship application form electronically, then print it and send it to:
Karlstad University, Helena Pallin, Student and Executive Services Office, 651 88 Karlstad, Sweden.
Third Step: Attach to following required documents with the signed application form:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 2 page: Your curriculum vitae (CV) must include personal data and your education background. Please also include relevant employment history and extracurricular activities.
- Personal motivation letter, maximum 500 words. Your personal motivation letter should answer the following questions:
- What is your reason for applying for studies at Karlstad University?
- What made you choose your field of study?
- What goals do you have with your studies and how do you want to use your knowledge in the future?
- Academic Reference (Should contain contact information to signed professor/academic advisor) Must be completed by a university-level professor or academic advisor from the university where you have, or are currently completing your bachelor’s degree.
- Copy of passport.
- Submitting your IELTS test results: You can upload a scan of your original IELTS Academic results using the document uploading function on this website. You can also send a copy of your test results to us via regular post.
- Submitting your TOEFL test results: Please follow these steps to verify your TOEFL results:
- Notify Educational Testing Service (ETS) that you wish to make your scores available to institution code 3477 – Swedish Council for Higher Education. You can choose any school type and department.
- Submit a copy of your test taker score to University Admissions, either by uploading a scan of the original document or through regular mail.
University Admissions will then be able to verify your score online. If your score cannot be verified, it will not be accepted.
- The application fee is paid as part of your online application at Universityadmissions.se.
- Your results will later be verified online, so the copy of your test results is sufficient documentation.
- For further information contact the Swedish Migration Board.
Know more about this opportunity:
Marj3 recommended links
Marj3 recommended links
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
This Scholarship Published by:
” Eslam Elfouly / Egypt“
Reviewed by” Wahiba El Zayat/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team