17th Aug 2019.
The INK Fellows Program
The INK Fellows Program brings together a young, global and cross-disciplinary community of path-breakers who we believe will be the shapers of tomorrow. Every year, INK identifies the minds that are redefining their field of work, and the world around them. The Program aims to provide them the support necessary to leverage their impact.
Our Mission is to bring together a community of game changers who have the courage to redefine the world through their imaginative ideas and creative thinking. Being an INK Fellow provides the peer-support necessary to take brilliant work to the next level.
Benefits to Fellows:
Learn how to tell your stories to the world and let us give you an audience that want to hear them.
Master the art of storytelling through in-depth coaching and bring your ideas to center stage at the INK Conference and other INK events worldwide.
We provide you audiences and platforms to help increase your impact:
- Talks delivered by Fellows from the Conference, are promoted on INK’s digital platforms – inktalks.com and YouTube.
- Exposure on INK’s social media channels throughout the Fellowship year and beyond.
- Opportunity to be a Fellow with partner organizations.
- Fellows are eligible to apply for INK’s Fellowship grant.
Learn from some of the world’s game changers on best practices and more:
- Fellows Mentor Connect and expert workshops.
- Meet a powerful network of innovators who you can work with on collaborative efforts.
- Participate in various onboarding and networking opportunities including, Fellows introduction webinar, talk curation and feedback sessions.
- Enhance your visibility at the INK Conference by participating in INK’s pre-conference social media activities.
At the INK Conference:
- Be available for the duration of the INK Conference.
- Participate in all Fellows related activities during the conference (i.e. INK fellows dinner, on-site curation and rehearsals and other fun activities where you get to know your peers better).
- Deliver your compelling story on INK’s main stage.
Beyond the Conference:
- Be an ambassador – spread the word about your involvement with the Fellowship.
- Recommend Fellows and be a mentor to incoming Fellows.
- Add value to the Fellowship and Stay Engaged with us.
- Participating in various speaking engagements.
- Be a part of Trailblazers ( INK’s annual Fellows gathering).
- Conduct workshops in your area of expertise for INK’s community.
- Keep us updated on the projects you’re working.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- architecture and design
- energy and environment
- research and academics
- social impact
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
17th Aug 2019: Application and Nomination Period closes.
Oct 2019: Fellows 2019 Announcement.
12 Nov 2019: Arrival and Fellows 2019 Orientation.
13 Nov 2019: Fellows 2019 Curation and Mentorship.
14 Nov 2019: INK Conference.
All Fellows must have:
- Demonstrated the capacity to think differently, to listen with an open mind, and to keep learning.
- A vision for the world or their field of work.
- Serious accomplishment (not necessarily academic!) at a young age, in any field.
- The desire and ability to enrich the INK Community through active participation.
- The INK fellowship is open to all individuals across the globe.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 40.
- We’re looking for gamechangers who’re redefining their fields of work and have the potential to make a significant impact on the world. We want to bring your stories to a wider audience.
- Applications should be emerging innovators specializing in any field; for example (but not limited to) technology, entrepreneurship, health/medicine, architecture and design, science, art/culture/literature, energy and environment, research and academics, education, sports, film/music, and social impact. Have a look at our past Fellows’ profiles here to get an idea of the diversity of the program.
- Your work should speak for itself.
- Selected INK Fellows must be present for the entire duration of the INK Conference (for the year they are selected) and prepare to be present 2 days earlier for onsite curation.
- We can accept only one application/nomination from an organization.
- The INK internal team reviews each application and the top 100 will be selected based on an internal assessment form.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by an external jury via a Skype call or video conference following which, our top 50 candidates are shortlisted.
- INK fellows are selected based on an internal and external assessment.
Strictly on special permissions a candidate can defer the fellowship. Fellowship can be deferred to 1 year at the most.
- Applicants selected as INK Fellows are responsible for getting their own visas. We do not cover your visa application fees. However, we do provide a formal letter of invitation to facilitate the visa application process.
- We will cover your flights (Economy class) to the INK Conference. Travel will be booked on lowest cost available at the time of booking. Once tickets are booked, any changes requested will be to the cost of the Fellow. All local transport and food will also be taken care for the duration of the conference. You will be provided accommodation on a shared basis with another INK Fellow.
First Step: Before filling out your INK Fellowship application, we recommend you read through the following tips so you can make the most out of the space provided. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing all about you:
- Be concise. We want to know as much about you as possible, so pack your responses tight with information. Structured responses are also always helpful!
- Don’t understate (or overstate). Keep it straightforward and honest.
- When supplying web links, send us additional material that truly strengthens your application. And make sure all your links work!
- Apply early. Don’t wait until the very end.
- Save an offline copy. Our website does not allow you to save your application and come back to it later. Keep an offline copy in case of a broken connection or other error.
Second Step: Fill out your application then submit it.
If you know someone you think would make a great INK Fellows (and meets the listed criteria), you can nominate them here.
If you’ve got any other questions, write to us on [email protected] and someone will be in touch.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hanine Aymen/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team