31 July 2020
Maghreb – Young Talents programme
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the Life Sciences. The Young Talents will engage to Continue their research work for which the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb endowment has been obtained and take an active part in L’Oréal’s and/or UNESCO’s dedicated programmes related to gender and sciences, aimed at promoting women’s social role and recognition in society in general, and women’s involvement in scientific career and trainings in particular.
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Programme aim to distinguish young women researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Maghreb Young Talents 2020 are set to be awarded to 5 young women scientists. The Maghreb Young Talents Programme is established within the framework of a partnership between the Fondation L’Oréal and UNESCO.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- information sciences
- earth and universe sciences
English or French
TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, LIBYA
Evaluation of the applications and selection: August 1st to September 30.
Awards ceremony: November 2021.
- Doctoral & Postdoctoral level.
- Not working permanently in 2020.
- Working on a PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the mentioned above fields.
- Working in one of the 4 countries.
- Academic excellence.
- Quality and originality of the research project.
- Capacity to promote science among young people.
- Open to all scientific fields.
- Maximum 35 years old.
- Studying in the region.
Note: For more information click here.
- Amount per endowment €10.000.
- Attend the Maghreb Young Talents awarding ceremony to be held in Morocco, in 2021.
- The cost of traveling and accommodation* for Young Talents non-residents in Morocco will be provided by L’Oréal Maroc. According to the general terms of transport and accommodation applicable to the
Note: Participation in the awarding ceremony is required
First Step: Sign up on the official website from here.
Second Step: Prepare the following documents:
- A detailed resume (CV) filled directly in the website .
- Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
- A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
- A detailed abstract / description of the research project of maximum 2 pages.
- Other research projects in progress.
- A suggested project of the grant’s use, including a draft budget.
- The list of publications and patents.
- Recommendation letters from supervisor(s) and/or director of the scientific institute or school where the thesis has been carried out.
- Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
- Write a report on the research project, to be given to L’Oréal Maroc and to UNESCO-Maghreb in the following 2 years after the awarding of the Young Talent endowment (optional).
- Write a report on the use of the endowment, to be submitted to L’Oréal Maroc and UNESCO Maghreb in the 2 years following the award of the Young Talent endowment (optional).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Arwa Osama/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rana Hassan/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team