29 November 2019.
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Health) Doctor of Medicine Scholarship
Griffith University started teaching over 40 years ago. Griffith University becomes a comprehensive, research-intensive university, ranking in the top 3% of universities worldwide. Griffith University teaching and research span six campuses in South East Queensland and all disciplines, while our network of more than 200,000 graduates extends around the world.
Griffith University students and researchers learn within world-class facilities, preparing to work in disciplines across the range of health professions. You’ll learn in the classroom, in laboratories and get to apply it all through clinical training in placements at a multitude of locations and health care workplaces.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Trimester 1 2020 (for 20 January 2020 commencement)
- Outcome will be notified by 13 December 2019.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into the Doctor of Medicine by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Doctor of Medicine degree at Griffith University.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses in each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enroll in the next trimester.
- Students must be an International Fee Paying student to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (40 CP) to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.r.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- The scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total. Two payments of $5,000 will be made toward each recipient’s tuition fees in the first year of the program.
- Scholarship applies to Doctor of Medicine tuition fees only.
- Scholarships will be assessed and awarded based on recommendations by a University panel.
- Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
First Step: Apply to Griffith University and complete the form here.
Second Step: Applicants must provide:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement addressing the three questions listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship:
– Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
– Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and team work skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
– Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.
Please Note That:
- Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
- Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn.
- Students need to accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hager Ibrahim/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Morsy / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team