15 July 2019.
TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for a minimum period of twelve (12) months to a maximum period of two (2) years and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Agricultural Sciences.
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Biological Systems and Organisms.
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences.
- Chemical Sciences.
- Engineering Sciences.
- Mathematical Sciences.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences.
- Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences.
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
First Step: Finding a supervisor is compulsory before submitting to USM an application for a preliminary acceptance letter. The supervisor must be a USM Lecturer (Permanent Appointment) A list of potential supervisors can be found at this Link.
Second Step: After having found a supervisor, the applicant must request the supervisor to fill in Section B (Supervisor’s Particulars) of the TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Application Form (Note: The form can be downloaded from this link.
Third Step: In contacting the Dean of the USM Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS), applicants must accompany their request for a Preliminary Acceptance Letter with the documents listed below. These documents must be sent by email in a zip file to [email protected]
Fourth Step: The following documents are compulsory for the evaluation by the USM Human Resource Board (USM HR):
- TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Application Form. NB: To download the form, kindly click on the link .
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certified copies of the Bachelor, Master and PhD certificates.
- List of Publications (ISI/SCOPUS): NB. Candidates must have a good academic merit and research output with at least two (2) publications in ISI Web of Science (scientific candidates) or Scopus (non-scientific candidates) within the last three (3) years.
- Front page of publications (ISI/SCOPUS).
- Letter of recommendation/supporting letter from current employer (Date: DD/MM/2019).
- A summary proposal / Research Plan.
Fifth Step: Now, you can fill the online application from here.
For More Information Click Here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Mona Awad / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team