10 May 2020.
INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY FILM FESTIVAL FLAHERTIANA.
The Flahertiana festival named after this American filmmaker rests upon principles first used by Robert Flaherty in his film “Nanook of the North”. The main principle of such films is portraying the protagonist’s real life on film and structuring it on the screen according to the laws of dramaturgy. The main methods are long-term observation and habitual camera. All decisions of the festival selection commission, which consists of film critics Viktoria Belopolskaya and Marina Drozdova and filmmakers Boris Karadzhev and Pavel Petchenkin, are made based on these principles.
FilmFreeway is a website for filmmakers to submit their films to hundreds of film festivals globally,Enter the world’s best film festivals and screenplay contests. FilmFreeway makes it easy to discover, submit and get tickets to thousands of events.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
18-24 September 2020.
- XX International Documentary Film Festival Flahertiana will take place in Perm, Russia, from 18 to 24 September 2020.
- International Competition is a basic part of the festival film program. Documentaries that develop the cinematography aesthetics first introduced by Robert Flaherty in his masterpiece Nanook of the North enter the competition.
- Films should be released after January 1st, 2019.
- Films to be selected for competition may be of any length except super-short (less than 7 minutes);
- Film copy provided should be with English subtitles in international format *.SRT
- The Festival accepts the high-quality screening copies (digital media can be in the following formats: mp4, m2ts, mkv with Full HD quality).
- If a film does not meet all listed requirements, it may not be included in the competition program.
- Selection Commission headed by the Chairman selects documentaries that participate in all program sections. In case a film has been selected, the Festival notifies the applicant, director, producer and distributor of the fact after July 1st, 2020.
- if the film wins one or several nominations the Festival has the right for one additional screening of this film in the weekend next to the Closing Ceremony.
Once the film has been selected, the following materials should be sent to the IDFF before July 15th, 2020:
- three stills (full-colour) (not less than 300 dpi).
- a photo of the director (full-colour) (not less than 300 dpi).
- film publicity material.
- film trailer.
- English subtitles in international format *.SRT.
- Dialogue list in Russian or English with the timecode.
Within Flahertiana the following events are held along with the main competition program:
- National Competition Russian Flahertiana, the winner of which is determined based on National Competition Jury voting.
- Student Films Competition, the winner of which is determined based on Student Films Competition Jury voting.
- Special programs devoted to the cinematography of different countries, to film festivals, directors, and social problems.
- Workshops, theoretic discussions, seminars, discussion panels.
- Grand Prix for «The Best Documentary» — «Big Golden Nanook» and 250,000 rub.* (to film director)
- Award for «Discovery of New Subjects and New Heroes» — «Silver Nanook» and 75,000 rub.* (to film director).
- Award for «Original Artistic Solution» — «Silver Nanook» and 75,000 rub.* (to film director)
- National Competition Jury Award for the best film of «Russian Flahertiana» program — «Small Golden Nanook» and 25,000 rub. (to film director).
- Student Films Competition Jury awards for the Best Student Film and 20,000 (to film director).
- Audience Award is awarded to film director, who is selected by public voting throughout the festival. (Only international competition program movies can be selected).
- Prize money is paid in rubles, dollars or euros (as winners decide).
First Step: submit your film Here.
Second Step: send a link to watch online or download the preview of your film to the official festival e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Asmaa Essam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hadeer mahfouz/ Egypt
MARJ3 Scholarships team