13 January 2020.
Announcing TAI Photo Grant.
What does transparency mean to you? How does corporate or government accountability (or lack of it) affect your communities? Now is the time to show us. Professional and amateur photographers are invited to submit up to five pictures for a photo competition organized by the Transparency and Accountability Initiative (TAI) – a collaborative of funders committed to open government, citizen engagement and collective action for the public good.
TAI members are leading funders of transparency, accountability and participation efforts worldwide. We are committed to building a more just, equitable and inclusive society.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
7 February 2020.
- The winner will be announced on February 7.
- Contestants must be aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of submission.
- Contestants must be the author of the photos submitted.
- Contestants may submit up to five photos relating to the theme of the competition with a proposal detailing the Who, What, Where, When, and How of the photo essay to be produced.
- All photos submitted must be in colored format and in JPEG or JPG format, with high quality and resolution, of a maximum of 3MB in size but not lower than 1MB.All photos must be submitted using the entry form here.
- Submissions will be accepted from October 24, 2019 to January 13, 2020 at 11. 59pm .
- Contestants are kindly requested to upload the original photo(s) in its original form. However, basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- All submitted photo(s) must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame(s), border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the contestant.
- Inappropriate photos and/or offensive contents, including staged photos and photos displaying nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
- Photo tags and submission must be written in English.
- Potential winners will be contacted by January 20 to write a more detailed proposal on how they intend to produce the pictures. They will be expected to submit their proposal January 31.
- By entering this competition, entrants grant TAI non-exclusive permission to use the pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, under the creative commons license without any remuneration being due.
- Contestants also agree that personal data will be collected and may be processed, shared, and otherwise used by TAI to verify the eligibility of the contestants and for the purposes of the competition and any other purposes outlined the competition guidelines.
- Win US$8,000.
- The grant will be disbursed in two payments: 40% upon signature of agreement, 60% upon submission of photo essay.
- TAI will own copyrights to the images and reserves the right to reproduce, transform, distribute, and use for public dissemination. However, the winner will be credited anytime any of the pictures is used in a printed or web publication.
First Step: Submit All photos in colored format and in JPEG or JPG format, with high quality and resolution, of a maximum of 3MB in size but not lower than 1MB.
Second Step: All photos must be submitted using the entry form here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Asmaa Essam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Eman Morsy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team